SOUTH DAKOTA BADLANDS, BUFFALO AND GUNS
AUGUST 6 – 10, 2022
Arriving at Thunderstik Historic Lodge you are sure to be awed! We will have the whole lodge to ourselves. Explore the scenic lands complete with herds of buffalo, wild deer, and the lodges very own bird dogs. Enjoy the most spectacular sunsets overlooking the beautiful South Dakota landscape.
We will have access to multiple shooting ranges and instruction right at our lodge! We will have the best instructors who have 20+ years experience! So you are sure to feel comfortable (even if you’ve never shot a gun before! ) and have the best time at these scenic shooting ranges.
Enjoy and walk the lodge’s amazing, hard working and loving bird dogs. These dogs are so fun to watch play and roam the land surrounding the Thunderstik Lodge.
Trip Status: Open
Single Occupancy $2,900
August 6 – 10, 2022 – One Spot Left!
5 Days / 4 Nights
Location: Thunderstik Lodge, 24931 Thunderstik Road, Chamberlain, SD 57325
Airport: Sioux Falls, SD (FSD) OR Minneapolis International Airport (MSP) – Roadtrip to SD with the hostesses – call 763-784-8291 for more information
Accommodations: Thunderstik Lodge
Meet your Hostesses
Jane Rabe & Juli Hudak & Sharon Larson
I'm thinking about it
Let our team know that you are interested in joining us on this tour. Our team will reach out via email and will be available to chat about this trip.
Make a Reservation
Secure your reservation here. We only take 10-12 women on each trip. Making a reservation is the only way to secure your name to the trip list.
Day 1 – You will want to land in Sioux Falls, SD (FSD) by 3:00 pm and we will head to the Historic Thunderstik Lodge to check in. We will have a fun Welcome Happy Hour to get to know each other and then will have a dinner made by the fabulous Thunderstik chef. After dinner, we will have a bonfire and will enjoy the beautiful sunset over the Missouri River
- Arriving in Sioux Falls – the “Heart of America”
- Arriving at Historic Thunderstik Lodge and having a Welcome Happy Hour to get to know each other
- Dinner at the lodge by the fabulous Thunderstik chef
- Enjoying a bonfire and the beautiful sunset over the Missouri River
Day 2 – We will have breakfast alfresco overlooking the majestic Missouri river and Thunderstik’s private buffalo herd. If it’s chilly outside, we will have a roaring breakfast fire to eat fireside. After breakfast, we will have a few hours of free time after breakfast to walk the property (group walk) to enjoy the scenery, taking photos of the buffalo or to simply relax and enjoy new friendships. For the dog lovers, you can join in by walking our 24 pheasant dogs which is done each morning and afternoon. We will have a casual lunch and will hit the shooting ranges for a shooting instruction/safety lessons along with some fun games (guns and $120 ammo credit is included – additional ammo can be purchased). We will have dinner and the balance of the evening will be fun getting to know each other, playing card games and having a bonfire.
- Breakfast as a group alfresco overlooking the majestic Missouri River and Thunderstik’s private buffalo herd
- Taking a group walk around the Thunderstik Lodge property to enjoy the scenery
- You will have the opportunity to walk the pheasant dogs
- A casual lunch will be served at the lodge
- A shooting instruction/safety lesson will be given at the shooting ranges
- Dinner will be at the lodge by Thunderstik’s fabulous chef
- After dinner we will relax, get to know each other and play cards or sit by the bonfire
Day 3 – Breakfast will be served at 9 am buffet style. By 10am we will load up and head to The Badlands National Park for a private tour and will have a box lunch picnic. On the way back to the lodge, we will stop by the iconic city of Wall, SD to explore and shop. We will have dinner at the Badlands Saloon & Grille and then we will return to the lodge for a nightcap at the bar, hopefully in time to catch the sunset.
- Breakfast together with the group at the lodge
- A tour of the Badlands Nation Park
- Picnic box lunch with the group
- Stopping at Wall Drug and dinner at the Badlands Saloon & Grille
- Nightcap at the bar at Thunderstik Lodge and enjoying the sunset
Day 4 – Breakfast will be served at 9am and the first half of the day will be either walking the rolling hills or additional gun/shooting range time. Lunch will be served and then we will load up to take a scenic pontoon ride down the Majestic Missouri River heading back to the lodge in time for a Goodbye Dinner and a bonfire.
- Breakfast & lunch together with the group at the lodge
- Free time where you can walk the rolling hills or additional gun/shooting range time
- Scenic pontoon ride on the Majestic Missouri River
- Goodbye Dinner with the group at the lodge
- Bonfire after dinner and recapping the trip with your new friends
Day 5 – Breakfast will be served at 9AM and immediately afterwards we will load up to head to the airport with a stop at the Corn Palace in Mitchell, SD bringing box lunches to eat when needed.
- Breakfast with the group at the lodge
- Heading to the airport with a stop at the Corn Palace in Mitchell, SD
- Box lunches for lunch during our drive to the airport
*Itinerary Subject to Change
Pricing and Payment Information
You can come solo but book double occupancy!
We will pair you with one of our other fabulous traveling members.
Not available for this trip
Payment Plan available for this Trip
If booked before February 28, 2022
- $250 down at time of booking
- First Installment due: 90 days prior to event
- Second Installment due: 2 weeks after first installment
- Third Installment due: 4 weeks after first installment
- Forth Installment due: 6 weeks after first installment
- Payment plan (if the trip is more than 90 days out)
- Pay via ACH to avoid 3% credit card convenience fee
- Pay via credit card – please note a 3% convenience fee will be charged on to the total balance
Included in Price
One soft drink beverage is included with each meal
- All meals and open bar
Not Included in Price
- Specialty Liquors
- Gratuity for tour guides
- Full Trip Balance is due if the Trip is passed the payment plan window of 90 days
- Cancellations made less than 30 days prior to arrival forfeits entire payment.
- Cancellations made less than 60 days prior to arrival a 50% fee charged and balance is held on credit for future travel.
- Cancellations made 90 days prior to the event full refund is given and Deposit is transferred to a new trip of choosing.
Airfare is not included in any of our Beatrice Bradley Adventures
Airport Pick up is included when arriving at the designated airport within the specified pick up window.
Arrival Airport: Sioux Falls, SD (FSD) or Minneapolis International Airport (MSP) – road trip in with the Hostess
Arrival Date: August 6, 2022 (FSD) before 3 pm OR August 5, 2022 (MSP) anytime and suggested hotel to stay at in MSP is below.
Departure Airport: Sioux Falls, SD (FSD) or Minneapolis International Airport (MSP) – road trip back to MSP with the Hostess
Departure Date: August 10, 2022 after 3 pm for FSD flights OR for MSP flights – fly out anytime on August 11, 2022
*MSP Hotel to stay in at Mall of America: Fairfield Inn & Suites – 2401 American Boulevard East, Bloomington MN 55424 – 952-858-8475 – Has a free shuttle from the MSP Airport and free breakfast.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I can not find a arrival flight before designated arrival window?
Our trips are typically only 4-6 days in length so we really try to make the most out of our time together. The first night we host a special Welcome Dinner where you really kick off the fun and start to get acquainted. However, we understand that it is not always possible to find a flight that works. There are a few options.
1. Let our team know ASAP and its possible we can accommodate for it. In some situations there is a hotel shuttle or taxi that can be taken. However, some airports are too far from our destination for shuttle or taxi services, so it is important that you let our team know ASAP
2. Arrive a day early
- You will be responsible for your own transportation and hotel arrangements during that time
- Please let our team know if you would like to stay at the same hotel and we can help arrange it
What if I can not find a departure flight before designated departure window?
Our trips are typically only 4-6 days in length so we really try to make the most out of our time together. We have scheduled tours or meals the day of departure so it is possible that if you have a flight earlier than designated departure time that you will miss part of the tour. We would recommended tying to stay an extra night. Please note that you are responsible for all ground transportation for your departure if your departure is outside of designated window.
Please call 763-784-8291 with any questions or concerns
Standing and walking tours
All ground transportation is included
We will be using a 12-15 passenger van during the duration of this trip.
We do not require you to be vaccinated nor tested to book a trip with Beatrice Bradley. We do not require you to wear a mask. However, we can not control the state, local and federal restrictions. Please make sure to check airline and travel restrictions when booking your ticket.
ALL Tips for your local tour guides and meals are included.
Tips for your Hostess: Our Hostess and Trip Coordinator work extremely hard to make each and every trip run smoothly. Tipping is never required but always welcome.