Mackinac Island, Michigan – The jewel of the great lakes
May 6 – May 9, 2022
For centuries, visitors have found this national landmark to be the ideal vacation spot. No cars. No chain hotels. Just world-famous Mackinac Island Fudge, historic Fort Mackinac, unique shopping and diverse dining. Unforgettable sunsets, awe-inspiring sunrises and extraordinary nightlife befit our ranking as a Top 10 U.S. Island by TripAdvisor and USA Today. Start planning your trip to Mackinac Island…the Jewel of the Great Lakes.
Trip Status: Open
Single Occupancy – $2,750 3 Spots left
Double Occupancy – $2,250 2 spots added!
Dates: May 6 – May 9, 2022
4 Days / 3 Nights
Location: Mackinac Island, Michigan
Airport: Chippewa County International Airport (CIU)
**Small and Remote airport – Please call if you have questions about getting there** Please call if you can’t find flights to CIU – another option can be the Pellston Airport
Accommodations: The Mackinac House
Meet your Mackinac Island Hostess
Shayne Barsness and her Daughter Greer Barsness
I'm thinking about it
Let our team know that you are interested in joining us on this tour. Our team will reach out via email and will be available to chat about this trip.
Make a Reservation
Secure your reservation here. We only take 10-12 women on each trip. Making a reservation is the only way to secure your name to the trip list.
Mackinac Island is a very special place situated in Lake Huron along the Straits of Mackinac. What really sets Mackinac Island apart is its unique historic ambience. Step back in time and immerse yourself in living without the fast pace of modern everyday life.
Join us in May and experience the island reopening for the season. Winter on the island becomes sleepy but come the first week of May everyone starts getting ready for the hustle and bustle. Flowers are in bloom, spring is in the air, and the crowds have not yet arrived.
Day One / May 6: Arrive at Chippewa County International Airport by 2 pm. We will board a Ferry to Mackinac Island with views of Mackinac Bridge. Once we arrive you will see why this island is so enchanting. The only form of transportation on Mackinac Island is Horse and Buggy, bicycle or foot. Horse and Buggy will pick us up from the dock and transport you to the Wonderful Quaint Mackinac House.
- Arrive and meet our group of like-minded women
- Enjoy a Ferry ride over to Mackinac Island
- Horse and Buggy Ride
- Check into the Mackinac House
- Social Hour at the hotel before we head over to the Grand Hotel for our Welcome Dinner
Day Two/ May 7: Breakfast with the group at the hotel. Enjoy the hotel’s beautiful outdoor space and watch the horse and buggies go by. We will have a narrated Island Carriage tour to acquaint ourselves and learn about how special Mackinac Island is. We will have free time in the afternoon to walk Mainstreet and have downtime with our new friends.
- Waking up at the Mackinac House
- Breakfast with new friends
- Narrated Carriage Tour
- Explore Mainstreet
- Historic Downtown with houses that date back to the 1700’s
- Dinner together at a local restaurant
Day three/ May 8: Mackinac Island is full of rich history and home to Fort Mackinac. Overlooking the harbor provides a panoramic vista of the harbor and Lake Huron. This well preserved military installation gives a great insight to the overall history of the island. In the Afternoon we will walk among the butterflies at the Mackinac Island Butterfly House.
- Breakfast at the Mackinac House
- Fort Mackinac with beautiful scenes of the harbor and Lake Huron
- Lunch at Fort Mackinac
- The Butterfly House
- Free time to explore
- Dinner together
Day four / May 9: We will wake up and join each other for a big breakfast and talk about all of the wonderful experiences we’ve enjoyed while together. Easy morning can be spent at the Mackinac House Inn, walking downtown, enjoying a bike ride, or just relaxing. We will depart on the ferry for the hotel at Noon.
Pricing and Payment Information
You can come solo but book double occupancy!
We will pair you with one of our other fabulous traveling members.
Payment Plan available for this Trip
If booked before March 26, 2022
- $250 down at time of booking
- First Installment due: 90 days prior to event
- Second Installment due: 2 weeks after first installment
- Third Installment due: 4 weeks after first installment
- Forth Installment due: 6 weeks after first installment
- Payment plan (if the trip is more than 90 days out)
- Pay via ACH to avoid 3% credit card convenience fee
- Pay via credit card – please note a 3% convenience fee will be charged on to the total balance
Included in Price
- Lodging at The Mackinac House 3 nights
- Mackinac Island Fudge
- All ground transportation
- Ferry Tickets
- Carriage Tour
- Fort Mackinac Historic Reenactment
One soft drink beverage is included with each meal
- All meals together included
Not Included in Price
- Specialty Liquors
- Gratuity for tour guides
- Full Trip Balance is due if the Trip is passed the payment plan window of 90 days
- Cancellations made less than 30 days prior to arrival forfeits entire payment.
- Cancellations made less than 60 days prior to arrival a 50% fee charged and balance is held on credit for future travel.
- Cancellations made 90 days prior to the event full refund is given and Deposit is transferred to a new trip of choosing.
Airfare is not included in any of our Beatrice Bradley Adventures
Airport Pick up is included when arriving at the designated airport within the specified pick up window.
This airport is VERY small and has limited flights. Please check airline tickets frequently. If the flight arrives late please consider coming a day early since we have to catch a ferry to the Island. **Small and Remote airport – Please call if you have questions about getting there** Please call if you can’t find flights to CIU – another option can be the Pellston Airport
Arrival Airport: Chippewa County International Airport (CIU)
Arrival Date: May 6, 2022. 4pm
Departure Airport: Chippewa County International Airport (CIU)
Departure Date: May 9, 2022 – Departure times will vary
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I can not find a arrival flight before designated arrival window?
Our trips are typically only 4-6 days in length so we really try to make the most out of our time together. The first night we host a special Welcome Dinner where you really kick off the fun and start to get acquainted. However, we understand that it is not always possible to find a flight that works. There are a few options.
1. let our team know ASAP and its possible we can accommodate for it. In some situations there is a hotel shuttle or taxi that can be taken. However, some airports are too far from our destination for shuttle or taxi services, so it is important that you let our team know ASAP
2. Arrive a day early
- You will be responsible for your own transportation and hotel arrangements during that time
- Please let our team know if you would like to stay at the same hotel and we can help arrange it
What if I can not find a departure flight before designated departure window?
Our trips are typically only 4-6 days in length so we really try to make the most out of our time together. We have scheduled tours or meals the day of departure so it is possible that if you have a flight earlier than designated departure time that you will miss part of the tour. We would recommended tying to stay an extra night. Please note that you are responsible for all ground transportation for your departure if your departure is outside of designated window.
Please call 763-784-8291 with any questions or concerns
Standing and walking tours
All ground transportation is included
We will be using a 12-15 passenger van during the duration of this trip.
We do not require you to be vaccinated nor tested to book a trip with Beatrice Bradley. We do not require you to wear a mask. However, we can not control the state, local and federal restrictions. Please make sure to check airline and travel restrictions when booking your ticket.
Tips for your local tour guides (not your hostess) is your responsibly unless noted otherwise
Tips for your Hostess: Our Hostess and Trip Coordinator work extremely hard to make each and every trip run smoothly. Tipping is never required but always welcome.