THE WILD SIDE OF ALASKA TONGASS NATIONAL FOREST ECO-TOUR
June 4 – 9, 2023
6 days / 5 nights
Explore America’s 4th largest island where you will experience wilderness adventures and friendships of a lifetime!
Remote, exclusive, unforgettable – you will leave forever changed after approaching wild life on foot or by boat feeling your heart beat increasingly faster as you get the perfect view of the amazing stunning wildlife and scenery. Whales and dolphins dance in the water putting on a show and wolves howl in the distance. There is nothing quite like touring Thorne Bay coming upon a pod of whales or pulling your crab pot up at the end for fresh crab for dinner!
Book Solo and Enjoy Double Occupancy
No need to find a roommate, we will pair you with one of our other fabulous travelers!
Trip Status: Open
Single Occupancy $6,550 1 spot left
Double Occupancy $5,995 1 spot left
June 4 – 9, 2023
6 Days / 5 Nights
Location: 1 Cook’s Cove, Thorne Bay, United States
Airport: Ketchikan International Airport (KTN)
Accommodations: Boardwalk Lodge on Prince Of Whales Island in Tongass National Forest
Meet your Hosts
Connie & Suzanne
I'm thinking about it
Let our team know that you are interested in joining us on this tour. Our team will reach out via email and will be available to chat about this trip.
Make a Reservation
Secure your reservation here. We only take 10-12 women on each trip. Making a reservation is the only way to secure your name to the trip list.
Don’t just tour Alaska, Experience Alaska
Every Beatrice Bradley trip is crafted to maximize the experiences had during the trip.
The itineraries are specially made to allow time for engaging in conversation and having belly laughs with a new friend. We hope that the activities and experiences may allow you to come out of your comfort zone and to try new or unique things.
These trips are made to replicate a ‘friends get-away trip’.
Day One: Sunday June 4, 2023 – Arrival Day
Welcome to Alaska! Land in Ketchikan International Airport (arrival times will vary but must arrive no later than 4:45 pm) and catch a float plane to island Lodge. Upon Arrival receive your room assignments with time to relax and get settled. Once settled enjoy hors d’oeuvres and drinks on the deck while watching the sunset and get to know each other. After dinner the group will take a light walk around to property and have plenty for time to relax by the fire pits or jump in the Jacuzzi.
- Float plane ride to your ocean-front island lodge – Orvis Endorsed Boardwalk Lodge (https://www.boardwalklodge.com/) From Ketchikan, we will have arranged air transportation for you to the Lodge, as part of our all-inclusive trips. This breathtaking, 30-minute floatplane ride will take you from Ketchikan directly to Boardwalk’s dock.
- Guide introduction and room assignments
- Dinner to get acquainted and start the fun. EXPERIENCE THE BOUNTY OF ALASKA
- Fire pits and jacuzzi night caps with new friends.
Day Two: Monday June 5, 2023
Early morning coffee walk down to the ocean for beachcombing followed by a Mimosa breakfast. Shortly after breakfast we will drop crab pots in and head out for some saltwater fishing and wildlife viewing. Later after noon pull up your crab pot and deliver to the chef to prepare with dinner. Late afternoon free time before hors d’oeuvres and drinks on the deck while watching the sunset. After dinner the group will take a light walk around to property and have plenty for time to relax by the firepits or jump in the Jacuzzi.
- Early risers coffee nature walk.
- Made to order Breakfast w/bottomless Mimosa’s – Hearty and delicious breakfast selections are the key to a great start in the Alaskan wilderness.
- Drop crab pots which we will pull up right before dinner which the chef will prepare nightly.
- Beginners Saltwater fishing (yes you can bring your catch home) in protected bay and ocean wildlife viewing. You could encounter humpbacks, Orcas, Gray, Beluga and Minke whales. Sea lions, harbor seals, dolphins, porpoises, and sea otters also make the waters around Prince of Wales Island their playground. And playground is exactly what it is – don’t be surprised to find these animals playing peek-a-boo and other games with you. Because both visitors and residents here tend to be very respectful of the wildlife, they’re rarely afraid to come close to say hello.
- Group Dinner prepared by the lodge chef (fresh crab is on the menu) Feast on the wonders of locally cultivated ingredients.
- After dinner sunset beachcombing, tide pool exploration, and marine wildlife viewing. (The Jacuzzi is always open)
Day Three: Tuesday June 6, 2023
Early morning coffee walk down to the ocean followed by a Mimosa breakfast. Shortly after breakfast we will drop crab pots in and head out to Kasaan Whale House and Totem Park for a private guided tour. Late afternoon we pull up your crab pots and deliver to the chef to prepare with dinner. Free time before hors d’oeuvres and drinks on the deck while watching the sunset. After dinner the group will take a light walk around the property and have plenty of time for a game of cards or relax in the Jacuzzi.
- Early risers beach treasure walk – uncover nature’s buried treasure with coffee in hand.
- Bloody Mary’s w/Breakfast –
- Crab pot drop for fresh crab with dinner.
- Guided Tribal Village Totem Tour * The village of Kasaan offers visitors a unique opportunity to step back in time and view Alaska as it was hundreds of years ago. The whale house, the former home of Haida chief Son-I-Hat, is the oldest standing longhouse in North America.
- Explore the trails and beaches in Kasaan stopping for a picnic lunch.
- Dinner and wine flight night. (yes fresh crab)
Day Four: Wednesday June 7, 2023
Early morning coffee walk down to the ocean followed by a Mimosa breakfast. Shortly after breakfast we will drop crab pots in and head out to float planes for the Misty Fjords Flightseeing Tour. Late afternoon we pull up your crab pots and deliver to the chef to prepare with dinner. Free time before hors d’oeuvres and drinks on the deck while watching the sunset. After dinner the group will take a light wildlife viewing walk and have plenty for time to start a game of cards or jump in the jacuzzi.
- Early riser coffee walk.
- Breakfast with Bottomless Mimosas
- Misty Fjords Flightseeing Eco-Tour this natural wonder is located about forty miles east of Ketchikan in a highly protected environment that few people get to experience for themselves. From high, rocky cliffs overlooking the Inside Passage to cascading waterfalls and huge expanses of forest, this area is a picture-perfect postcard come to life. Nowhere else will you see 3,000-foot cliffs carved from glaciers, mountains rising out of the mist, hidden lakes, and all the wild beauty of Alaska. Opportunities to spot prolific wildlife in these parts, like grizzly bears, black bears, mountain goats, moose, wolverines, whales, sea otters and deer.
- Group Dinner at the Lodge – local, in-season, ingredients that elegantly reflect the rugged and aesthetic beauty of Southeast Alaska.
- After dinner sunset and bonfire.
Day Five: Thursday June 8, 2023
Farewell morning coffee walk down to the ocean followed by a Mimosa breakfast. Pack up and head to the floatplanes to check into Cape Fox Lodge in Ketchikan for our last dinner together. Free afternoon to tour downtown historic Ketchikan.
- Float Plane Ride back to Ketchikan
- Touring Historic Downtown Ketchikan – The Ketchikan area has the largest number of historic properties of any community in Alaska.
- Farewell Dinner at the Alaskan Fish House – our time in Alaska has sadly come to an end but we have gained new friends and memories that will last a lifetime.
Day Six: Friday June 9, 2023 – Departure Day
Depending on your departure time breakfast in town and last-minute shopping.
Single OccupancyPrice is Per Person
- Your own room
- Deposit: $250 due at time of booking
- Payment Plan Available
Double OccupancyPrice is Per Person
- No Roommate – No problem, we will pair you
- Deposit: $250 due at time of booking
- Payment Plan Available
Flexible pay-as-you-go payment plan
How it Works:
|Step 1||Choose Payment Plan (available with credit card and ACH payment options)|
|Step 2||Your $250 Deposit will be processed within 2 business days|
|Step 3||When you are ready to make a payment, click the “Review and Pay” button on your invoice|
|Step 4||Once clicked, in the top left of the invoice, next to the amount, you will see “Edit Amount.” Here you will be able to enter the amount you would like to pay|
|Step 5||Full amount needs to be paid by 60 days prior to the trip. *If there is a remaining balance at 60 days prior to the trip then an automatic payment for the remaining amount will be charged.|
Activity Level – Moderate
There will be walking and standing during the tour. You will need to be able to get in and out of a van.
It is your responsibly to fully read and understand the physical abilities that correlate to this Beatrice Bradley Experience. Difficulty level of activity is subject to individual interpretation so it is extremely important that you read the itinerary and reach out if you have concerns or questions.
If you have questions about the specifics of the physical activity during this trip, please give us a call at 763-784-8291
Role of a Beatrice bradley hostess
Beatrice Bradley is an Experience Company not a Tour Company. The role of a Beatrice Bradley Host is to be warm and welcoming. To relate and connect. To have attention to details. And to manage the behind-the-scenes magic so your experience is one-of-a-kind. They are not local experts nor are they tour guides. We hire local experts, guides, and historians as each location warrants. They are expert hosts and manage the camaraderie and logistics of the experience. Our goal is that your hostess will make you feel welcomed, comfortable, and that you will walk away with new & lasting friendships made during an unforgettable experience.
Airport Pick Up is included when arriving at the designated airport within the specified pick up window.
Arrival Airport: Ketchikan International Airport (KTN)
Arrival Date: June 4, 2023
Pick Up Times: Please Arrive by 4:30pm
Departure Airport: Ketchikan International Airport (KTN)
Departure Date: June 9, 2023
Drop off Times: Drop off times will vary
As a solo-traveler, we need you to provide self-awareness and an understanding that you are fully responsible for yourself. This includes: your possessions, your physical abilities or fitness, your attitude, and all other aspects that relate to traveling solo in a group.
- Connect with our Members on our Private Facebook Group – Beatrice Bradley Member’s Only
- You must be able to manage your own luggage and all of your personal belongings on this trip
- This is not a handicap accessible able trip – you must be able to get in and out of a Large Passenger Transit Vehicle
- All Ground transportation is included on this trip
- Group Airport transfers are included in this trip
- This trip will have have a maximum of 14 women
- This trip will have 2 Beatrice Bradley Hostesses
- If you need a roommate, we will happily pair you with another Beatrice Bradley traveler
- Travel insurance is not included. Beatrice Bradley is not a licensed travel insurance operator nor is our staff trained to in travel insurance. You can choose to purchase travel insurance through any licensed provider you choose. We will ask you upon booking if you would like us to send you some suggested licensed insurance companies.