unique and cultural havana
September 20-26, 2023
7 days / 6 nights
With the starting and ending in Fort Lauderdale, Florida as a group.
Your Cuban airfare is included in tour price
SMALL GROUP: ONLY 10 TRAVELERS ON THIS TRIP
Single Occupancy – $5,225
Double Occupancy – $4,690
Dates: September 20-26, 2023
7 Days / 6 Nights
Location: Havana, Cuba
Airport: Fort Lauderdale Airport (FLL). Airfare to Cuba is included.
Accommodations: Fort Lauderdale Hotel & Local Cuban Bed and Breakfast
Meet your HostS
Shayne Barsness & Sharon Larson
I'm thinking about it
Let our team know that you are interested in joining us on this tour. Our team will reach out via email and will be available to chat about this trip.
Make a Reservation
Secure your reservation here. We only take 10-12 women on each trip. Making a reservation is the only way to secure your name to the trip list.
Don’t just tour Cuba, Experience Cuba
Every Beatrice Bradley trip is crafted to maximize the experiences had during the trip.
The itineraries are specially made to allow time for engaging in conversation and having belly laughs with a new friend. We hope that the activities and experiences may allow you to come out of your comfort zone and to try new or unique things.
These trips are made to replicate a ‘friends get-away trip’.
Past Trip Reviews
I’m now fully retired. I wanted to travel, but didn’t want to do it alone. I also wanted to travel with older women who shared my conservative values. Did such a tour company even exist? Then a friend told me about Beatrice Bradley and we both signed up. Best decision ever. I got to go on a fascinating adventure in Cuba. I felt cared for by not only our hosts, but also our guides and drivers. I got to know some interesting women. And I can’t wait to go on my next trip. –Darcy
Day One: September 20th, 2023 – Arrival Day
- Arrive at Fort Lauderdale Airport (FLL)
- Check into Le Meridian in Fort Lauderdale
- Fun welcome dinner together at The Le Meridian
Day Two: September 21st, 2023 – Group Flight to Havana / Arrival, Check In & Visit with Host, Welcome Dinner, Cannon Fire
We will wake up in Fort Lauderdale, have breakfast together and head to the Fort Lauderdale Airport for our flight into Havana.
Arrive in Havana: Our local Cuban driver and guide will welcome us at Jose Marti International Airport. On your way to your accommodations, you will enjoy a panoramic view of Plaza of the Revolution, Old Havana and Vedado.
Check In at Bed and Breakfast, the host will be waiting with refreshments.
Welcome Dinner at Chef Ivan’s El Carbon Restaurant
- Pamper your senses with an outstanding, family style welcome dinner. The menu includes typical Cuban dishes like “arroz con pollo” and “masitas de cerdo.” Chef Ivan uses new recipe ideas from his travels around the world to create his flavorful “Cuban fusion” cuisine. Join the list of many happy clients including the King of Spain.
Cannon Fire Ceremony
- Take a drive to the fairgrounds of Castillo de San Carlos de la Cabaña. A spectacular sunset and view of the city awaits you. Meet tourists and locals who visit the fort to witness the unique tradition of the Cannon Fire Ceremony. Since the 1700’s, this event takes place at 9 pm, signifying the closing of the city doors. Furthermore, you may shop for souvenirs at the end of the event.
Day Three: September 22nd, 2023 – Classic Convertible Ride & Photoshoot & Colonial Plazas
1 1/2 Hour Classic Convertible Car Ride & Photoshoot
- Ride with class in one of our colorful, classic convertibles in Havana. For one hour, you will ride along Old Havana and the Havana Malecon. With the photoshoot included this will be a unique and unforgettable experience!
Note: Photographer will give you a memory stick with your photos the day before departure.
Lunch at La Vitrola Restaurant
- Rest and delight in a “al fresco” lunch at La Vitrola. The restaurant offers a great view of the energy of the plaza.
Explore Havana’s Plazas
- Plaza Vieja The eclectic Plaza Vieja is surrounded by colorful colonial buildings. The oversized Carrara dominates the center of the plaza. Great place for photos!
- Plaza San Francisco de Asis The plaza features the Basilica Menor San Francisco de Asis, the boutique Hotel del Marques de San Felipe and Santiago de Bejucal, and the Chamber of Commerce.
- Plaza de Armas The Plaza houses the Hotel Santa Isabel, the Templete Monument and the Castillo de la Fuerza Real.
- Plaza La Catedral The Cathedral Church dominates this Plaza, but you can also discover restaurants and small museums within the square. Hemingway’s Bodeguita del Medio is a “most stop,” for a mojito and to leave your name on one of the street walls.
Almacenes San Jose
- Enjoy live music while you shop for souvenirs, art, and crafts.
Back to lodging to freshening up.
- Cuban and Spanish cuisine is served at this ocean view restaurant. Great “ropa vieja,” pork and fish.
Day Four – September 24th, 2023 – History, Architecture, Culture, Shopping
Fine Arts Museum
- Delight in masterpieces from colonial times and contemporary art exhibitions.
Hemingway’s Finca Vigia
- Today, we will drive to San Francisco de Paula for a tour of Finca Vigia, Hemingway’s country home in the 1940’s. He wrote some of his famous work, the most famous, “The Old Man and the Sea.”
El Mirador de Acosta Restaurant in Lawton
- Like its name, the restaurant offers great views of Lawton all the way to the coast.
Muraleando Community Project
This community project, at the suburb of Lawton, is an enriching artistic and social community project. Guests can delight in local art and music.
Muraleando is truly an exceptional place! What started out as one person’s desire to provide art classes to kids has grown into a huge artistic, cultural, educational, community center. Artists from all over the world travel to add their artistic touch to the murals that now stretch down both sides of the street. And they not only offer typical art classes, but now all kinds of art including drawing, painting, ceramics, theater, music, dance, and more! There is also a focus on art education for students with special needs. And the community can use the beautiful space for a variety of celebrations.
“This place brought tears to my eyes!” — I literally teared up as we walked through this project and learned about its history. A local center that used to be a trash dump and now serves as a center for art and learning for the community and area students. There is so much love and pride here you can’t help but walk away wanting to support their continued success. Buy something from one of the local artists and support the cause! Have a drink while you watch music that the volunteers perform. Just stop for a minute and think about what it is that they have accomplished on their own with so little support. Heart warming and humbling.
Back to lodging to freshening up.
Cabaret Parisien (Doors open at 9:30 pm)
- Dress up time for the Cabaret Parisien Dinner/Show! Beautifully staged, the show represents the development of the Cuban “mulato,” a fusion of Indian, African, and Spanish roots.
Day Five: September 25th, 2023 – Viñales Valley Countryside
Vista Hermosa Farm with Authentic Lunch
- This countryside adventure takes us to a self-sufficient farm project. You will take an informative walking tour of the farm, where you can appreciate a variety of fruits, vegetables, cheeses, and crafty products. At the end of the tour, we will enjoy an authentic Cuban lunch (includes a variety of meats and vegetables, fresh from the farm).
Almacenes San Jose Enjoy live music while you shop for souvenirs, art, and crafts.
Back to lodging to freshen up. Cabaret Parisien Dinner/Show/Transfer (Doors open at 9:30 pm
Day Six: September 26th, 2023 – Goodbye Cuba! Group Flight to Fort Lauderdale
This amazing Cuba experience has reached its end. We are leaving Cuba with so much knowledge, new experiences, and great friends. We hope that your experience was amazing! Our friendly driver will transfer you to Jose Marti airport where we will fly out as a group to Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Once we land in Fort Lauderdale, we will gather as a group for a small dinner and reminisce on our time spent together in Cuba.
Day Seven: September 27th, 2023 – Departure Day
Schedule your flight home anytime that works for you from the Fort Lauderdale Airport (FLL)
Single OccupancyPrice is Per Person
- Your own room – private bathroom
- Deposit: $250 due at time of booking
- Payment Plan Available
Double OccupancyPrice is Per Person
- No Roommate – No problem, we will pair you
- Deposit: $250 due at time of booking
- Payment Plan Available
Flexible pay-as-you-go payment plan
How it Works:
|Step 1||Choose Payment Plan (available with credit card and ACH payment options)|
|Step 2||Your $250 Deposit will be processed within 2 business days|
|Step 3||When you are ready to make a payment, click the “Review and Pay” button on your invoice|
|Step 4||Once clicked, in the top left of the invoice, next to the amount, you will see “Edit Amount.” Here you will be able to enter the amount you would like to pay|
|Step 5||Full amount needs to be paid by 60 days prior to the trip. *If there is a remaining balance at 60 days prior to the trip then an automatic payment for the remaining amount will be charged.|
Activity Level – Moderate
There will be walking and standing during the tour. You will need to be able to get in and out of a van.
It is your responsibly to fully read and understand the physical abilities that correlate to this Beatrice Bradley Experience. Difficulty level of activity is subject to individual interpretation so it is extremely important that you read the itinerary and reach out if you have concerns or questions.
If you have questions about the specifics of the physical activity during this trip, please give us a call at 763-784-8291
Role of a Beatrice bradley hostess
Beatrice Bradley is an Experience Company not a Tour Company. The role of a Beatrice Bradley Host is to be warm and welcoming. To relate and connect. To have attention to details. And to manage the behind-the-scenes magic so your experience is one-of-a-kind. They are not local experts nor are they tour guides. We hire local experts, guides, and historians as each location warrants. They are expert hosts and manage the camaraderie and logistics of the experience. Our goal is that your hostess will make you feel welcomed, comfortable, and that you will walk away with new & lasting friendships made during an unforgettable experience.
Airport Pick Up is included when arriving at the designated airport within the specified pick up window.
Arrival Airport: Fort Lauderdale Airport (FLL)
Arrival Date: September 20, 2023
Pick Up Times: Pick up times will vary
Departure Airport: Fort Lauderdale Airport (FLL)
Departure Date: September 26, 2023
Drop off Times: Drop off times will vary
As a solo-traveler, we need you to provide self-awareness and an understanding that you are fully responsible for yourself. This includes: your possessions, your physical abilities or fitness, your attitude, and all other aspects that relate to traveling solo in a group.
- Connect with our Members on our Private Facebook Group – Beatrice Bradley Member’s Only
- You must be able to manage your own luggage and all of your personal belongings on this trip
- This is not a handicap accessible able trip – you must be able to get in and out of a Large Passenger Transit Vehicle
- All Ground transportation is included on this trip
- Group Airport transfers are included in this trip
- This trip will have have a maximum of 14 women
- This trip will have 2 Beatrice Bradley Hostesses
- If you need a roommate, we will happily pair you with another Beatrice Bradley traveler
- Travel insurance is not included. Beatrice Bradley is not a licensed travel insurance operator nor is our staff trained to in travel insurance. You can choose to purchase travel insurance through any licensed provider you choose. We will ask you upon booking if you would like us to send you some suggested licensed insurance companies.
Important to know when Traveling to cuba
We are traveling to Cuba under “The Support of The Cuban People” Statue. What that means is we are supporting the people of Cuba in the following ways: Lodge at a private Bed and Breakfast (B&B); Use private transportation; Eat at private restaurants; Visit with Cuban families and learn about their lives; Engage with locals (car readers, artists, musicians, book sellers, etc.); Use a private Cuban guide; Visit a church and learn how charities work; Visit a local farm; Buy souvenirs at privately owned shops; etc.
Money:Credit and Debit cards do not work in Cuba. Beatrice Bradley will have Cuban CUC for you to exchange your USD to CUC in Fort Lauderdale. If you run out of CUC while in Cuba, you can buy more Cuban Money from Beatrice Bradley while in Cuba.
Visa: You will need a visa to enter Cuba. This is a very easy process and we will walk you through the process the fee is included in the cost of the trip.
Safety: Safety is our #1 priority on our trips. We are working extremely close with a credited local tour guide and will always travel in our group. Crime in Cuba is very low but we take all precautions when traveling to another country.
- The electrical outlets are 110 volts. Beatrice Bradley will provide you with 2 adapters to use during your trip and to be returned at the end of the trip.
- Airfares to Cuba include the medical insurance. If you have a medical emergency, you can go to the Cira Garcia Hospital and show your ticket stub.
- There is no vaccination record or PCR requirement to enter Cuba.
- Keep Tourist Visa with you when you leave Cuba. Also, you must keep your signed one-page affidavit, tour itinerary and home voucher in a file for 5 years.
- You are not allowed to import Cuban alcohol or tobacco products into the US.