October 7 – 14, 2023
8 days / 7 nights
Join Beatrice Bradley to explore the lush, beautiful landscapes and join us on a journey from Firenze to the vineyards of Montalcino and on to the breathtaking terraced cliffs of Cinque Terre.
Single Occupancy – $8990 Sold Out!
Double Occupancy – $7880 Sold Out!
Dates: October 7 – 14, 2023
8 Days / 7 Nights
Location: Florence, Italy
Airport: Florence Airport (FLR) Call if you need help booking your ticket.
Accommodations: FH55 Hotel Calzaiuoli
Meet your Hosts
I'm thinking about it
Let our team know that you are interested in joining us on this tour. Our team will reach out via email and will be available to chat about this trip.
Make a Reservation
Secure your reservation here. We only take 10-12 women on each trip. Making a reservation is the only way to secure your name to the trip list.
Don’t just tour Florence, Experience Florence
Every Beatrice Bradley trip is crafted to maximize the experiences had during the trip.
The itineraries are specially made to allow time for engaging in conversation and having belly laughs with a new friend. We hope that the activities and experiences may allow you to come out of your comfort zone and to try new or unique things.
These trips are made to replicate a ‘friends get-away trip’.
This is a Back-to-Back Experience
Join us in Italy for a FREE night in between.
Transportation and ALL Meals included!
Day One: Saturday, October 7, 2023 – Arrive in Florence ( the largest city in Tuscany)
We greet you at the airport and move you to our Florence hotel: FH55 Hotel Calziuoli where we will settle in and then meet to have a wonderful Welcome to Italy dinner.
- Arrive in Florence by 12pm if possible. All Transporation included in Italy
- Settle in, enjoy a walk through Florence, and by the Arno River.
- Gather together for our Welcome dinner in lovely Florence.
Day Two: Sunday, October 8, 2023 – Touring Florence
After breakfast we will go out to meet a private tour guide to go on a wonderful walk to see Florence’s most spectacular sites. We visit the Piazza della Signoria, explore the world famous Duomo with its fabulous frescos from the 16th Century, the largest painted frescoes in the world! We will also see Michelangelo’s famous colossal statue of David and tour the heart of the historic area of Florence.
- Walking tour of Florence
- Visit the lovely frescoes of the Duomo and the famous statue of David
- Sample some of Tuscany’s finest Italian food
Day Three: Monday, October 9, 2023
After breakfast we will depart Florence and have a beautiful drive into the Tuscany countryside to the town of San Gimignano, the medieval town of 14 towers and many churches. We will walk through the city and take in the great specialty food markets and great historical sights. We can enjoy hilltop views for great picture taking. We will grab some lunch at a sidewalk café and then head to Siena, considered Italy’s loveliest medieval city. We will enjoy a walking tour with local guide and stop to visit another Duomo which houses the works of Donatello, Ghiberti, and many others.
When our walk is complete we will travel on to Castiglione d’Orcia where we check in to our fabulous accommodations at Toscana Resort Castelfalfi!
- Travel the Tuscan countryside
- Tour the medieval town of San Gimignano
- Travel to Siena and have a guided walking tour
- Check into the wonderful Toscana Resort Castelfalfi
Day Four: Tuesday, October 10, 2023
Today we live like the women of Italy experiencing a farm visit where they raise sheep to make the famous Pecorino Romano cheese used extensively in Italian cooking. This rustic organic farm is on the hilltop overlooking Val d’Orcia. This local cheese producer will show us the secret to making great cheeses, taking us through the many steps and let us taste the wonderful result. We have a great lunch along our route and then we travel to Montelpulciano historical center where we visit a traditional winery, the Noble wines of Montepulciano were the first to be given the quality seal of DOCG certification which is so hard to obtain in Italy. After our travels we head back to the hotel where we will have dinner.
- Visit a sheep farm where the milk to make the famed Pecorino Romano is made
- Cheese tasting, lunch along the route
- Visit a very special part of Tuscany, Montalcino to taste the very famous wine of this region
Day Five: Wednesday, October 11, 2023
Breakfast at the hotel. Then the driver comes to get us for a real treat. Today is very special as we travel a short time to Montalcino; again we become the personas of Italian women and enjoy a fantastic cooking class. Our experience starts with accompanying the Chef to the local market to buy like an Italian cook would buy, the freshest of spices, vegetables and collecting eggs. After our tutorial and chance for hands on cooking, we enjoy a full Italian lunch which includes appetizers, homemade pasta with sauce, a main course and dessert. Later we will tour a private vineyard with a historical castle on property and taste the fruits of the vine. Once we have tasted the famous Brunello, often considered the top wine of Italy, we will head back to the hotel, for relaxation around the lovely resort property.
- Travel to Montalcino
- Shop at the market for fresh vegetables and spices for our cooking class
- Learn the fine art of Italian cooking while making a fantastic four course meal which we get to eat together at the end. Throw in some wine
- tasting for extra fun!!!
Day Six: Thursday, October 12, 2023
We check out of our Toscana resort Castlefalfi at a leisurely time and drive on the hilly countryside towards our destination of La Spezia. We will stay at the Hotel NH La Spezia in the region of Italy called Cinque Terre. Once we arrive, we will allow you to relax, explore on your own, have time to catch up on your social media, etc. and then gather together for Dinner.
- Check out of Toscana resort and drive toward Cinque Terre.
- Check into Hotel NH La Spezia and then have time to explore La Spezia for the afternoon.
- Meet for a Dinner with a view.
Day Seven: Friday, October 13, 2023
After breakfast we will meet with our guide for the day who will lead us on a fascinating full day trip. We start by boarding a train in La Spezia and traveling on a short ride with breathtaking scenery to the largest village of Cinque Terre, Monterosso. We will explore the village and see the colorful hillside houses, churches and many points of interest. Then we will board the train again to head to Vernazza which has a natural pier with an amphitheater shape, making for an extraordinary postcard like picture. After some exploration here we will have a lunch and after we head towards our last village of Cinque Terre by boat. Our boat docks at Manarola, one of the oldest villages and is surrounded by vineyards and wineries.
We travel back to our starting point by train and return to our hotel after a great day of adventure.
- Meet our guide and board our first train
- Explore three villages: Monterosso, Vernazza, and Manarola moving between them by train and boat.
- Take a return train ride home after a wonderful day of touring. Relax and enjoy eating together near the hotel.
Day Eight: Saturday, October 14, 2023 – Departure Day
After an early breakfast, we depart to get those travelers who are going home back to the Florence airport. For those who will continue on for the second part of the trip to the Amalfi coast, we will board a train and ride to Naples where we will then check into our hotel and have some rest. The first tour is finished and the second has not officially started until tomorrow.
- Breakfast and then travel back to Florence for drop off at the airport.
- Those continuing for the second part of the trip will travel by train together to Naples.
Thinking about it?Let us know
- Thinking of joining us? Let our team know and we will reach out to you in the next couple days
- Let us know if you have questions here
- Have questions now? Call us at 763-784-8291
Single OccupancyPrice is Per Person
- Your own room – private bathroom
- Deposit: $1000 due at time of booking
- Payment Plan Available
Double OccupancyPrice is Per Person
- No Roommate – No problem, we will pair you
- Deposit: $1000
- due at time of booking
- Payment Plan Available
Flexible pay-as-you-go payment plan
How it Works:
|Step 1||Choose Payment Plan (available with credit card and ACH payment options)|
|Step 2||Your $1000 Deposit will be processed within 2 business days|
|Step 3||When you are ready to make a payment, click the “Review and Pay” button on your invoice|
|Step 4||Once clicked, in the top left of the invoice, next to the amount, you will see “Edit Amount.” Here you will be able to enter the amount you would like to pay|
|Step 5||Full amount needs to be paid by 60 days prior to the trip. *If there is a remaining balance at 60 days prior to the trip then an automatic payment for the remaining amount will be charged.|
Activity Level – Walking on uneven old roads, stairs and in and out of vans.
Role of a Beatrice bradley hostess
Beatrice Bradley is an Experience Company not a Tour Company. The role of a Beatrice Bradley Host is to be warm and welcoming. To relate and connect. To have attention to details. And to manage the behind-the-scenes magic so your experience is one-of-a-kind. They are not local experts nor are they tour guides. We hire local experts, guides, and historians as each location warrants. They are expert hosts and manage the camaraderie and logistics of the experience. Our goal is that your hostess will make you feel welcomed, comfortable, and that you will walk away with new & lasting friendships made during an unforgettable experience.
Airport Pick Up is included when arriving at the designated airport within the specified pick up window.
Arrival Airport: Florence Airport
Arrival Date: October 7, 2023
Pick Up Times: Pick up time may vary
Departure Airport: Florence Airport
Departure Date: October 14, 2023
Drop off Times: Drop off time may vary
As a solo-traveler, we need you to provide self-awareness and an understanding that you are fully responsible for yourself. This includes: your possessions, your physical abilities or fitness, your attitude, and all other aspects that relate to traveling solo in a group.
- Connect with our Members on our Private Facebook Group – Beatrice Bradley Member’s Only
- You must be able to manage your own luggage and all of your personal belongings on this trip
- This is not a handicap accessible able trip – you must be able to get in and out of a Large Passenger Transit Vehicle
- All Ground transportation is included on this trip
- Group Airport transfers are included in this trip.
- This trip will have have a maximum of 14 women
- This trip will have 2 Beatrice Bradley Hostesses
- If you need a roommate, we will happily pair you with another Beatrice Bradley traveler
- Travel insurance is not included. Beatrice Bradley is not a licensed travel insurance operator nor is our staff trained to in travel insurance. You can choose to purchase travel insurance through any licensed provider you choose. We will ask you upon booking if you would like us to send you some suggested licensed insurance companies.