The Texas Hill Country Experience
Our late October trip to the Hill Country of Texas starts when we arrive at the San Antonio airport (SAT). The drive out into the country is a quick 45 minutes until we arrive in Boerne (pronounced Bur-nee), where we will set up our base of operation at “The Bevy” a lovely hotel property in the heart of this special small city.
Near the Cibolo Creek, deep in the heart of the Texas Hill Country, lies the city of Boerne, TX. Steeped in Hill Country charm, the colorful storefronts and historic buildings that are downtown. Boerne’s Hill Country Mile will evoke feelings of nostalgia–but the shops, restaurants and galleries are anything but antiquated! For a truly unique shopping experience, check out boutique clothing, jewelry, gifts, home goods and works of art up and down the street. Stop into the now famous Black Rifle Coffee company for a wonderful cup of coffee! We will top off a day of exploring at one of the fine restaurants and maybe visit a craft brewery or two to quench our thirst. Everywhere you’ll be greeted with small-town hospitality. With more than 80 shops and restaurants offering something different and many local events unique to Boerne, it’s no surprise Country Living Magazine named the Hill Country Mile one of the “Top 25 Small Town Main Streets in America.”
On Saturday, Oct. 30th, we will take a day trip from Boerne to the famous Texas Hill country wineries up near Fredericksburg. To get there we must drive through one of the loveliest Hill Country’s back roads on our return trip, following the Loop drive between Gruene-Fredericksburg and Bandera. Make sure you have your camera all set to video and take selfies along one of America’s most beautiful roadways. We will pack a gourmet picnic lunch to fuel up before we taste test some of the amazing wines and our final stop even has a unique Halloween spin on a special tasting. Trick or Treat with wine, Yum! When we land back in Boerne, let’s try a memorable line dance at the local saloon.
Our dining experiences will include one night out with celebrity chef, Jake Gandolfo (who was made famous on MasterChef) at Black Board Bar BQ, a fabulous barbeque authentic Texas style. We will also make advanced bookings for you at one of the two lovely spas if you wish to enjoy a facial or an exhilarating massage or get your nails done one morning. For those who can’t sit still in a salon, we can arrange for you to bike/walk alongside the Cibolo Creek enjoying the mammoth Cypress trees at rivers edge, very picturesque! We can also arrange for horseback riding for you horse lovers.
This unique area between San Antonio and Austin is growing in notoriety. Some of the Texas Hill country wineries are producing wines considered to be in the Top 50 wines produced in the US. Move over Napa/Sonoma, the Hill country is getting noticed!
Join us Friday, October 29- Monday, November 1st for a Texas style foot stompin’ good time. Enjoy great camaraderie with other patriotic women who love exploring our great country!
- Day 1 (Friday) Meet in San Antonio and depart for Boerne, Tx @ 3pm Hotel check-in 4:00pm Swimming at pool or lounging, Dinner out together @ 7:30pm
- Day 2 (Saturday) Meet for breakfast, gather our things and load up the van for our trip to Fredericksburg. Our winery tours will include tastings and a special Halloween event. Picnic lunch around 1:30pm and then a fun drive through the country, stopping at unique places along the way. This drive is also listed as one of the country’s top scenic drives from Fredericksburg back to Boerne. We will “Treat you to some Halloween Fun, we promise not to Trick you along the way”. Dinner as a group.
- Day 3 (Sunday) We explore all that Boerne has to offer and set up your spa visits for this morning or Monday morning. Meet for breakfast to get a quick tour of the city, arrange for those that want to Bike around the Cibolo Creek, others will be close enough to walk into town to experience the “Hill Country Mile”. Lunch on your own. Return to hotel for a wine and canape party around the pool. A special arrangement for dinner @ Black Board BBQ takes us a bit out of town. Return after a fun night at the BBQ.
- Day 4 (Monday) Breakfast together, last minute trips into town or to the spa. Meet back at the hotel for a quick bite around 1 pm and planned departure for the airport is at 2:00-2:30pm.
October 29 – November 1, 2021
4 days/3 nights
(based on Double occupancy accommodations), ask for single supplement pricing, if necessary.
For Solo Women Travelers and Girlfriend Groups (9 spots to fill plus one host)
Services and equipment are included.
SEE HOW WE INCLUDE MORE
Why Travel with BBGAGE
FIND OUT WHAT SETS US APART
- Pickup and return to San Antonio airport
- Accommodations at the Bevy Hotel in downtown Boerne 4 days, 3 nights
- A Special dinner the first night to get to know everyone and a Chef’s critique of the night’s menu with suggested wine pairings.
- A drive on scenic roads through the Hill country up to Fredericksburg wineries for special tastings and a Halloween celebration
- Breakfasts 3, Lunches 1, Dinners 3
- Wine tasting and local touring
- Barbeque special with Chef Gondolfo at Black Board BBQ
- Fun shopping at over 80 unique boutique type stores
- Toasting and Line Dancing at the local Saloon
- Special coffees at Black Rifle Coffee Company (Military Veteran Owned)
- Spa visit for facial, massage or nails
- Staff Gratuities
- Specialty Liquor
- Horseback riding
Our booking form will have an area to check if you are willing to use the double occupancy rate or if you would prefer single occupancy.
*If you choose the single occupancy rate, we will check availability and confirm the rate back to you.
- All rooms are Non-smoking
- Special requests for roommates will be taken into consideration
- Most solo travelers will elect to share a room
- All shared rooms have two beds
We are thrilled to have the opportunity to weave Beatrice Bradley into a travel adventure company sponsored by Gage Outdoors. Together, our team of women at BBGage, want to help you and your family, spouse or friends to experience the outdoors, go on great adventures and share life’s special moments exploring new places and meeting new friends. Let us help you put together a lifetime experience, call us today.