Exploring 3 Cities: Lisbon; Obidos; Porto
April 12 – 19, 2023
8 days / 7 nights
Trip Status: Open
Single Occupancy – $6,590
Double Occupancy – $5,990
Dates: April 12 – 19, 2023
8 Days / 7 Nights
Airport: LIS- Melia Lisboa Aeroporto *Call Debra with help booking flights (860)305-5597
Accommodations: Hotel Da Baixa and 4-5 Stars Hotels
Meet your Hostess
I'm thinking about it
Let our team know that you are interested in joining us on this tour. Our team will reach out via email and will be available to chat about this trip.
Make a Reservation
Secure your reservation here. We only take 10-12 women on each trip. Making a reservation is the only way to secure your name to the trip list.
Extend your Trip and Book Back-to-Back Portugals
A note from the hostess
Join our Beatrice Bradley travel group as we tour one of Europe’s most important historic capitals. Lisbon was the lauching point of several great explorers who sailed to discover the New World. We will see the grand city squares with the gorgeous historic buidlings, San Jorge Castle, ride the funicular up the steep hill of the Alfama district. And, we will visit the beautiful Pena palace which looks like it is out of a storybook. Our experience will include the food of the region and the renown entertainment of the Fado performers, then we move North to walk the grounds of still intact castles, taste the fabulous wine and experience the dramatic seaside. As we make our way from Lisbon, to the medieval village of Obidos and the fabulous 5 star Marriott at the beach of Praia D’el Rey, we will continue to learn more about the way the of life of the Portuguese. We move further North to the capital of Portugal, the city of Porto. Long known as the birthplace of Port Wine, Porto became a thriving seaport and is still the center of great cultural experiences. We will explore the city with dramatic views, ride the 100 plus year old trolley cars, then head out one day to the scenic Douro River valley to have lunch and wine tasting among the terraced, lush vineyards. At the end of the trip you fly back to Lisbon, early morning and catch your flight back to the USA or you join us for a second week including more of Lisbon and the top rated island of Madeira.
Trip Details & Itinerary
Day 1 – Arrive in Lisbon, where we will arrange your pick up from the airport. Check into the Hotel Baxia in downtown Lisbon to freshen up and join Debra and others to walk the area and start to explore Lisbon. Back to the hotel to rest and then join the group for a welcome dinner.
- Arrive at LIS ( Lisbon airport) , driver will pick you up and take you to hotel.
- Meet host Debra for a short exploration around hotel area
- Attend welcome dinner to meet all our great travelers
Day 2 – We meet for a group breakfast and after we will meet our guide to start our walk to see the panoramic views Lisbon has to offer. During our tour we will see the historic districts and take a funicular ride up to the Barrio Alto, see the Sao Jorge Castle and view the charming Chiado district with its old cafes, shops and theaters. We will also walk the Baxia including the Rosso Square and our guide will explain the devastation and redevelopment after the devastating massive earthquake of 1755. We will return back to the hotel for a chance to have some free time, rest up and then get ready for our traditional Portuguese dinner and special Fado music show.
- After breakfast guided walk-through Lisbon with Panoramic views.
- Ride the funicular up to the oldest districts in Portugal
- Dinner in traditional Portuguese restaurant with special Fado music show
Day 3 – Group breakfast, then following we will depart for the fairytale Castle called Pena Palace and the town of Sintra. A step back in history to the place where the Royals resided to be high atop their Kingdom and have a viewpoint all the way to the sea. The castle is filled with artisan works representative of the Portuguese tilework so well known. This is a Unesco world heritage site. After our tour and look around this charming town, we will stop for lunch and make our way towards Obidos, a medieval village still mostly intact. Obidos is set in a pastoral countryside, very near our hotel for the night, the five-star Marriott Praia D’el Rey, seaside, just minutes from Obidos. We will check into the hotel and have time for a swim, walk along the beach and a great place to try some great Portugeuse wine. Dinner at a wonderful restaurant, 10 minutes away called Tribeca ( the owner loved Tribeca in NYC).
- Tour the fairytale Pena Palace and town of Sintra
- Check into 5-star Marriott Praia D’el Rey oceanside
- A quick look at Obidos
- Dinner at Tribeca
Day 4 – We have a lovely breakfast overlooking the Ocean and pack up to leave the Praia D’el Rey. We will head to Obidos for 2.5 hours to explore the walled city and shop.
We will then load up and head towards Batalha, where we will grab lunch, visit the 14th century Monastery- a masterpiece of Gothic architecture and another Unesco site.
When we depart to continue north, we will stop by the Cliffside port in Nazare which is the site of the filiming of the 100ft. WAVE on HBO. After a walk to see the dramatic cliff and surfing area, we will Depart for Porto. We will arrive and check into our hotel, then on to dinner.
- Visit Obiodos- walled Medieval village
- Lunch on the go and then visit the 14th century Batalha Monastery
- Walk out to see the site of the 100 Ft Wave
- Travel to and arrive Porto, check into hotel
Day 5 – Exploring Porto. After a lovely breakfast we will set out on a guided walk through one of Europe’s oldest town centers. We will be following along the iconic Douro River which has six bridges towering over it in the city and is the source for watching many beautiful boats sail past everyday, on their way to the Ocean. We will walk to the Lello bookshop, a sight JK Rowling ( Harry Potter author) visited every time she was in Porto, then on to the beautiful Train station and over the Ponte De Dom Luis 1 bridge for truly breathtaking views. We will have lunch along the way and then return in mid afternoon to the hotel for you to have time to explore areas on your own. We meet for dinner later and a night cap.
Day 6 – A drive out to The Douro River valley : Today is a real treat, we have breakfast and then depart around 9:30am for the famed Douro River valley outside of Porto. This full day tour will introduce you to beautiful, scenic River valley on the list of many tours, and designated as one of the very best River destinations in all of Europe. Our tour starts in the historic town of Lamego and then Regua, the center of the Port wine region. We will be treated to wine tasting at Quinta Do Seixo from Sandeman port company, renown for its amazing view from the top of the mountain down onto the terrace vineyards. We will be treated to a special lunch with our tasting. We may travel on to one of my favorite places, A and D vineyards to hear about how organic wine is made. This lovely farm is a real treat. We will also head to Pinhao, a town whose train station is filled with beautiful blue glazed ceramic tiles, hand painted and known as Azulejos. Then we return to Porto for a rest and dinner later.
- Drive out into the scenic Douro River Valley
- Special Port wine tasting and Lunch on the famed Quinto Do Seixo
- A stop at the A and D organic winery and farm
- A quick visit to the train station in Pinhao to see the special tiles
Day 7 – Braga and Guimaraes Old Town Sightseeing
After breakfast our guide will come to pick us up for a short ride through the greenest region in Portugal, the Minho region.
This region is known for lovely landscapes, cultural heritage, green wine and authentic handicrafts. We are on our way to the town of Braga, an ancient city in the Minho region.
Once in Braga we visit the 11th century cathedral and the Sanctuary of Bom Jesus. We continue on to the medieval city of Guimaraes to visit the famous Palace of the Dukes.
We will have lunch while out and once we finish our tour we will head back to Porto to spend the remainder of the afternoon riding the 100 year old Trolley or walking along the River. We will have a special Farewell dinner.
- A drive into the famous Minho region of Portugal
- Visit the historic town of Braga including the famed Sanctuary of Bom Jesus
- Have lunch in the region, shop for handicrafts
- Visit Guimaraes – the Palace of Dukes
- Return for our special Farewell dinner
Day 8 – Departure Day
We are up early to get you to the airport for a flight to get you back to Lisbon for your flight back to the USA. ( You will buy this return ticket, we will help you secure this, pricing should be under $100.00) For those staying on to take the Second part of the Portugal tour, Debra will lead you on a last walk around the city, before we head out to the airport for an afternoon flight back to Lisbon. We will return to the Baxia hotel in Lisbon again and find dinner, then a special tour has been planned for you next day while we await the arrival of the new travelers for part two.
Pricing and Payment Information
Payment Plan available for this Trip
If booked 90 days before trip
- $250 down at time of booking
- First Installment due: 90 days prior to event
- Second Installment due: 2 weeks after first installment
- Third Installment due: 4 weeks after first installment
- Forth Installment due: 6 weeks after first installment
- Payment plan (if the trip is more than 90 days out)
- Pay via ACH to avoid 3% credit card convenience fee
- Pay via credit card – please note a 3% convenience fee will be charged on to the total balance
Included in Price
- All meals noted in itinerary
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation
Not Included in Price
- Specialty Liquors
- Gratuity for Hostess
- Full Trip Balance is due if the trip is passed the payment plan window of 90 days
- Cancellations made less than 30 days prior to arrival forfeits entire payment.
- Cancellations made less than 60 days prior to arrival a 50% fee charged and balance is held on credit for future travel.
- Cancellations made 90 days prior to the event full refund is given and Deposit is transferred to a new trip of choosing.
Airfare is not included in any of our Beatrice Bradley Adventures
Airport Pick Up is included when arriving at the designated airport within the specified pick up window.
Arrival Airport: LIS- Melia Lisboa Aeroporto *Call Debra with help booking flights (860)305-5597
Arrival Date: April 12, 2023
Departure Airport:LIS- Melia Lisboa Aeroporto *Call Debra with help booking flights (860)305-5597
Departure Date: April 19, 2023
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I cannot find an arrival flight before designated arrival window?
Our trips are typically only 4-6 days in length so we really try to make the most out of our time together. The first night we host a special Welcome Dinner where you really kick off the fun and start to get acquainted. However, we understand that it is not always possible to find a flight that works. There are a few options:
1. Let our team know ASAP and if it’s possible we can accommodate for it. In some situations there is a hotel shuttle or taxi that can be taken. However, some airports are too far from our destination for shuttle or taxi services, so it is important that you let our team know ASAP.
2. Arrive a day early
- You will be responsible for your own transportation and hotel arrangements during that time
- Please let our team know if you would like to stay at the same hotel and we can help arrange it
What if I can not find a departure flight before designated departure window?
Our trips are typically only 4-6 days in length so we really try to make the most out of our time together. We have scheduled tours or meals the day of departure so it is possible that if you have a flight earlier than designated departure time that you will miss part of the tour. We would recommended tying to stay an extra night. Please note that you are responsible for all ground transportation for your departure if your departure is outside of designated window.
Please call 763-784-8291 with any questions or concerns
Walking, Easy level hikes
All ground transportation is included
We do not require you to be vaccinated nor tested to book a trip with Beatrice Bradley. We do not require you to wear a mask. However, we can not control the state, local and federal restrictions. Please make sure to check airline and travel restrictions when booking your ticket.
ALL Tips for your local tour guides and meals are included.
Tips for your Hostess: Our Hostess and Trip Coordinator work extremely hard to make each and every trip run smoothly. Tipping is never required but always welcome.