NORTHERN IRELAND – A CELTIC EXPERIENCE
October 8 – 15, 2022
Our Northern Ireland tour is specially designed for you , to give you a chance to feel like a Native. We have crafted a tour which will let you explore in-depth the customs, history, and food experiences that true Irish women have experienced since they were young. Many tourists are remarkably familiar with the South of Ireland, there are many famous attractions, but do not discount the loveliness of the North. There are just as many wonderful places to see and a history that is complicated by the English ownership which many Irish still disputes today. We start our trip by driving out of Dublin to the North and about 30 miles outside of Belfast. Our first stop is a farmhouse kitchen where we will have lunch and learn to make the famed Irish soda bread.
The next day we will visit a fourth generation Shepard and meet his sheep dogs whom he trains, as well as get a chance to sheer an Ewe ourselves. Moving on we will visit the Dark Hedges, the tree lined landscape where history has occurred and most recently where the GAME OF THRONES was filmed.
Our adventures take us next to the Carrick-a Rede rope bridge suspended 100 ft high above the Ocean and used by Salmon fishermen for more than 300 years, don’t look down!! After the walk across the rope bridge, you may be happy that we are moving on to Bushmills. We will have a tour of the famous Bushmills Irish whiskey distillery where we can have a shot or two to calm our nerves. Nearby we will also visit a great wonder of the world, the Giant’s Causeway and hear the lore of how the impressive geological columns came to be, it is truly a wonder.
Also, close by is the wonderful Dunluce castle, which we will tour. Our tour will continue down the Inishowen peninsula, the actual northern most start of the Wild Atlantic Way, and we will go through the Gap of Mamore with a death-defying ride on an oceanside road with a 30-degree gradient. Our group tour continues through West Donegal and the world famous Slieve league, where you will see the highest sea cliffs in all of Europe, along with awe inspiring vistas. Of course, Tweed making is a local industry so some shopping will be at hand. A highlight of our tour in the North will be a stay at the Lough Eske Castle hotel in Donegal.
As aforementioned, we will be tasting Northern Ireland in many of the finest pubs and restaurants along our pathway. On to Sligo, where we will hear about the famous resident poet, William Butler Yeats. We will visit his grave and then head to the harbor in Sligo to board a boat for an Eco/historical boat tour. If we are lucky, we will see the resident grey seal colony on the Seal Rocks. County Mayo touring is on the agenda and an overnight stay and visit to the lovely town of Westport is on tap.
We are finalizing this tour, the route is set, we are simply waiting to finalize all the hotels and restaurants. This should be finalized by the end of February. It must be noted that this trip will be slightly higher cost than our Southern route because in many parts of the North we will be utilizing the British pound for our payment terms, this has a higher exchange rate.
If you have never experienced the breathtaking beauty of Ireland, join us on our back-to-back tour of the South and the North, this October 2022. This is a trip of a lifetime.
Book Solo and Enjoy Double Occupancy
No need to find a roommate, we will pair you with one of our other fabulous travelers!
Trip Status: Open
Single Occupancy $6,250
Double Occupancy $5,650
October 8 – 15, 2022
8 Days / 7 Nights
Location: 1-7 Ballymoney Rd, Ballymena BT43 5BS, United Kingdom
Airport: Dublin Airport (DUB)
Accommodations: Adair Arms Hotel
Meet your Hostess
I'm thinking about it
Let our team know that you are interested in joining us on this tour. Our team will reach out via email and will be available to chat about this trip.
Make a Reservation
Secure your reservation here. We only take 10-12 women on each trip. Making a reservation is the only way to secure your name to the trip list.
Day 1 / Night 1
- Meeting point is Dublin Airport – please meet at 9:30 am at luggage after clearing Customs and we will depart at 9:30am sharp
- Lunch at Farmhouse Kitchen
- Demonstration how to make Griddled Soda Bread
- Scrabo Tower
- Check in to the Adair Arms Hotel, Ballymena
- Group Dinner
Day 2 / Night 2
- Breakfast at or near the hotel
- Check out of Adair Arms Hotel, Ballymena
- Glenshane Country Farm Sheepdog Experience
- Walk the Dark Hedges
- Lunch at the Red Door Tea Room
- Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge Tour
- Check in Bayview Hotel, Bushmills
- Group Dinner
Day 3 / Night 3
- Breakfast at or new the Hotel
- Check out of Bayview Hotel, Bushmills
- Scenic Private Touring – Bushmills, Giants Causeway & Dunluce Castle
- Distillery Guided Tour
- Group Lunch in Bushmills
- Mussenden Temple Guided Tour
- Private Guided Walking Tour of Derry City
- Check in to An Grianan Hotel
- Group Dinner in the hotel
Day 4 / Night 4
- SBreakfast at or near the hotel
- Private Touring – Inishowen Peninsula and North Coast
- Fort Dunree Tour
- Doagh Famine Village Wondering and Touring
- Late Afternoon Tea for Group
- Overnight in An Grianan Hotel
- Dinner at or near the hotel
Day 5 / Night 5
- Breakfast at or near the Hotel
- Check out of An Grianan Hotel
- Scenic Private Touring – West Donegal and Slieve League
- Group Lunch
- Scenic Private Touring – Glencolmcille and the Monastic West
- Check in at Lough Eske Castle Hotel, Donegal
- Group Dinner in Cedars Grill @ Lough Eske Castle
Day 6 / Night 6
- Check out of Lough Eske Castle, Donegal
- Scenic Private Touring – The Yeats Drive
- Yeat’s Grave
- Group Lunch
- Eco Tour with Sligo Boat Charters
- Check in to the Riverside Hotel, Sligo
- Group Dinner at Hooked Restaurant, Sligo
Day 7 / Night 7
- Check out of the Riverside Hotel, Sligo Carrowmore Megalithic Cemetery Walk and Tour
- Ceide Fields, Co, Mayo
- Group Lunch
- Scenic Private Touring – Achill Island & Atlantic Drive
- Check in to Hotel Westport – Hotel Westport
- Group Dinner at the Old Grain Store
Day 8 / Night 8
- Check out of Hotel Westport
- Scenic Private Touring -Trim Castle, Kells & Hill of Tara
- Group Lunch
- Check in at Carlton Hotel Dublin
Pricing and Payment Information
You can come solo but book double occupancy!
We will pair you with one of our other fabulous traveling members.
Payment Plan available for this Trip
If booked before September 26, 2022
- $250 down at time of booking
- First Installment due: 90 days prior to event
- Second Installment due: 2 weeks after first installment
- Third Installment due: 4 weeks after first installment
- Fourth Installment due: 6 weeks after first installment
- Payment plan (if the trip is more than 90 days out)
- Pay via ACH to avoid 3% credit card convenience fee
- Pay via credit card – please note a 3% convenience fee will be charged on to the total balance
Included in Price
- Lodging for 7 nights / 8 days
- Airport ground transportation
- All tour and event tickets
- All meals as stated in itinerary
- Private tour guides
- All meals together included
- All Beverages during meals
Not Included in Price
- Specialty Liquors
- Gratuity for tour guides
- Gifts and Souvenirs
- Full Trip Balance is due if the Trip is passed the payment plan window of 90 days
- Cancellations made less than 30 days prior to arrival forfeits entire payment.
- Cancellations made less than 60 days prior to arrival a 50% fee charged and balance is held on credit for future travel.
- Cancellations made 90 days prior to the event full refund is given and Deposit is transferred to a new trip of choosing.
Airfare is not included in any of our Beatrice Bradley Adventures
Airport Pick up is included when arriving at the designated airport within the specified pick up window.
Arrival Airport: Dublin Airport (DUB)
Arrival Date: October 8 – Meet at 9:30 am at luggage after clearing Customs and we will depart at 9:30am sharp
Departure Airport: Dublin Airport (DUB)
Departure Date: October 16
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I can not find a arrival flight before designated arrival window?
Our trips are typically only 4-6 days in length so we really try to make the most out of our time together. The first night we host a special Welcome Dinner where you really kick off the fun and start to get acquainted. However, we understand that it is not always possible to find a flight that works. There are a few options.
1. let our team know ASAP and its possible we can accommodate for it. In some situations there is a hotel shuttle or taxi that can be taken. However, some airports are too far from our destination for shuttle or taxi services, so it is important that you let our team know ASAP
2. Arrive a day early
- You will be responsible for your own transportation and hotel arrangements during that time
- Please let our team know if you would like to stay at the same hotel and we can help arrange it
What if I can not find a departure flight before designated departure window?
Our trips are typically only 4-6 days in length so we really try to make the most out of our time together. We have scheduled tours or meals the day of departure so it is possible that if you have a flight earlier than designated departure time that you will miss part of the tour. We would recommended tying to stay an extra night. Please note that you are responsible for all ground transportation for your departure if your departure is outside of designated window.
Please call 763-784-8291 with any questions or concerns
Standing and walking tours
All ground transportation is included
We will be using a 12-15 passenger van during the duration of this trip.
We do not require you to be vaccinated nor tested to book a trip with Beatrice Bradley. We do not require you to wear a mask. However, we can not control the state, local and federal restrictions. Please make sure to check airline and travel restrictions when booking your ticket.
ALL Tips for your local tour guides and meals are included.
Tips for your Hostess: Our Hostess and Trip Coordinator work extremely hard to make each and every trip run smoothly. Tipping is never required but always welcome.