MAINE SEASIDE ADVENTURE
May 15 – 19, 2023
Join our group as we journey into the beauty of our 39th state. The origin of the name Maine is unclear. One theory is it was named after the French province of Maine. Another is that it derives from a practical nautical term, “the main” or “Main Land”, “Meyne” or “Mainland”, which served to distinguish the bulk of the state from its numerous islands. Maine is the northernmost state in New England and the largest, accounting for almost half of the region’s entire land area. You will be experiencing unique boutiques and shops, farm and sea-to-table eats and charming Main Street communities to Portland’s historic neighborhoods and seeing some iconic Maine lighthouses!
Book Solo and Enjoy Double Occupancy
No need to find a roommate, we will pair you with one of our other fabulous travelers!
Trip Status: Open
Single Occupancy $2,950
Double Occupancy $2,650
May 15 – 19, 2023
5 Days / 4 Nights
Location: 468 Fore St, Portland, ME 04101, United States
Airport: Portland International Airport (PWM)
Accommodations: Portland Harbor Hotel
Meet your Hostesses
Jane Rabe & Shayne Barsness
I'm thinking about it
Let our team know that you are interested in joining us on this tour. Our team will reach out via email and will be available to chat about this trip.
Make a Reservation
Secure your reservation here. We only take 10-12 women on each trip. Making a reservation is the only way to secure your name to the trip list.
Day 1 – Please plan to arrive at Portland International Airport (PWM) by 3:00 pm. We will pick you up and will bring you to the Portland Harbor Hotel in the Old Port District. We will have a Welcome Happy Hour and dinner at the Blue Fin Restaurant.
- Arrival at Portland, Maine
- Welcome Happy Hour at the hotel
- Dinner as a group at the Blue Fin Restaurant to get to know each other
Day 2 – We will start the day with breakfast at the Blue Fin Restaurant at our hotel and then we will head to the port to take a Harbor Lights & Sights cruise to see beautiful iconic lighthouses, lobster boats and coastline of Casco Bay. You will see the Portland Head Light, commissioned by George Washington, that is situated at the entrance to one of Maine’s busiest shipping channels and has protected ships since the late 1700s. After the cruise is over, we will head to the Lobster Pound to see fresh lobster that has been caught and delivered that afternoon and will have a lobster lunch next to the water at The Porthole Restaurant. The afternoon will be open for exploring Portland to shop. We will meet as a group and have dinner at Gilbert’s Chowder House.
- Breakfast at the Blue Fin Restaurant at the hotel as a group
- Harbor Lights and Sights Cruise to see lighthouses, lobster boats and the coastline of the beautiful Casco Bay
- Lunch at the Porthole Restaurant
- Shopping and exploring Portland
- Dinner as a group at Gilbert’s Chowder House
Day 3 – Breakfast will be at the Blue Fin Restaurant at the hotel and then we will travel to Two Lights State Park in Cape Elizabeth, ME. We will do a hike with great views and will tour the Two Lights Lighthouse in the state park. Lunch will be at The Lobster Shack at Two Lights in Cape Elizabeth and then we will head back to Portland but will stop by the famous Maine Headlight Lighthouse on our way. Dinner will be at David’s Restaurant.
- Breakfast at Blue Fin Restaurant at the hotel
- Traveling to Two Lights State Park in Cape Elizabeth to do some hiking and will see the Two Lights Lighthouse
- Lunch at The Lobster Shack at Two Lights by the water
- Stopping by to see the famous Maine Headlight Lighthouse – we will take some group photos!
- Dinner as a group at David’s Restaurant
Day 4 – Breakfast will be at Becky’s Diner. Then, we will take the ferry to one of the islands as a group and then you can have free time to bike around the island or take golf carts to explore the island and check out the shops. Lunch will be on your own. After we get back to Portland, we will head to our Farewell Dinner at The Old Port Sea Grill.
- Breakfast at Becky’s Diner
- Taking the ferry to explore one of the islands off the coast of Portland
- Free time to ride bikes around the island or take golf carts to explore the island
- Lunch (on your own)
- Farewell dinner together at the Old Port Sea Grill
Day 5 – Breakfast as a group saying goodbye to all your new friends and swapping stories at the hotel’s Blue Fin Restaurant, then we will check out and you will be delivered to the Portland airport prior to your departure.
- Farewell Breakfast at Blue Fin Restaurant saying goodbye to new friends
- If there is time after breakfast before your flight, you can do some last minute shopping or exploring
- Departures to go home
Pricing and Payment Information
You can come solo but book double occupancy!
We will pair you with one of our other fabulous traveling members.
Payment Plan available for this Trip
If booked before March 16, 2023
Beatrice Bradley Payment Terms:
• A $250 deposit is collected at time of booking and the balance is due 90 days prior to event or payment plans start 90 day prior on the 1st and 15th of each month with 4 equal payments minus the initial deposit.
- Payment plan (if the trip is more than 90 days out)
- Pay via ACH to avoid 3% credit card convenience fee
- Pay via credit card – please note a 3% convenience fee will be charged on to the total balance
Included in Price
- Lodging for 4 nights / 5 days
- Transportation from PWM airport, throughout trip and return to airport
One soft drink beverage is included with each meal
- 4 Breakfast
- 2 Lunches
- 4 Dinners
Not Included in Price
- Specialty Liquors
- Tips for tour guides
- Full Trip Balance is due if the Trip is passed the payment plan window of 90 days
- Cancellations made less than 30 days prior to arrival forfeits entire payment.
- Cancellations made less than 60 days prior to arrival a 50% fee charged and balance is held on credit for future travel.
- Cancellations made 90 days prior to the event full refund is given and Deposit is transferred to a new trip of choosing.
Airfare is not included in any of our Beatrice Bradley Adventures
Airport Pick up is included when arriving at the designated airport within the specified pick up window.
Arrival Airport: Portland International Airport (PWM)
Arrival Date: May 15, 2023. Arrive no later than 3:00 pm.
Departure Airport: Portland International Airport (PWM)
Departure Date: May 19, 2023. Depart after 3:00 pm
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I can not find a arrival flight before designated arrival window?
Our trips are typically only 4-6 days in length so we really try to make the most out of our time together. The first night we host a special Welcome Dinner where you really kick off the fun and start to get acquainted. However, we understand that it is not always possible to find a flight that works. There are a few options.
1. let our team know ASAP and its possible we can accommodate for it. In some situations there is a hotel shuttle or taxi that can be taken. However, some airports are too far from our destination for shuttle or taxi services, so it is important that you let our team know ASAP
2. Arrive a day early
- You will be responsible for your own transportation and hotel arrangements during that time
- Please let our team know if you would like to stay at the same hotel and we can help arrange it
What if I can not find a departure flight before designated departure window?
Our trips are typically only 4-6 days in length so we really try to make the most out of our time together. We have scheduled tours or meals the day of departure so it is possible that if you have a flight earlier than designated departure time that you will miss part of the tour. We would recommended tying to stay an extra night. Please note that you are responsible for all ground transportation for your departure if your departure is outside of designated window.
Please call 763-784-8291 with any questions or concerns
Standing, Walking Tours
Maine Average High/Low in April: 64 degrees/44 degrees
All ground transportation is included
We do not require you to be vaccinated nor tested to book a trip with Beatrice Bradley. We do not require you to wear a mask. However, we can not control the state, local and federal restrictions. Please make sure to check airline and travel restrictions when booking your ticket.
Tips for your local tour guides (not your hostess) is your responsibly unless noted otherwise
Tips for your Hostess: Our Hostess and Trip Coordinator work extremely hard to make each and every trip run smoothly. Tipping is never required but always welcome.