MAINE SEASIDE ADVENTURE
May 15-19, 2023 OR May 21-25, 2023 or October 9-13, 2023
5 Days / 4 Nights
Join our group as we journey into the beauty of our 39th state. The origin of the name Maine is unclear. One theory is it was named after the French province of Maine. Another is that it derives from a practical nautical term, “the main” or “Main Land”, “Meyne” or “Mainland”, which served to distinguish the bulk of the state from its numerous islands. Maine is the northernmost state in New England and the largest, accounting for almost half of the region’s entire land area. You will be experiencing unique boutiques, shops, farm and sea-to-table eats, and charming Main Street communities. Explore Portland’s historic neighborhoods and viewing and visiting some iconic Maine lighthouses!
Trip Status: Open
Single Occupancy $3390 Available!
Double Occupancy $2890 – Sold Out
May 15 – 19, 2023
May 21-25, 2023
5 Days / 4 Nights
Location: 468 Fore St, Portland, ME 04101, United States
Airport: Portland International Airport (PWM)
Accommodations: Portland Harbor Hotel
Meet your Hostess
Ellen & Sharon
I'm thinking about it
Let our team know that you are interested in joining us on this tour. Our team will reach out via email and will be available to chat about this trip.
Make a Reservation
Secure your reservation here. We only take 10-12 women on each trip. Making a reservation is the only way to secure your name to the trip list.
Don’t just tour Maine, Experience Maine
Portland, Maine is one of New England’s most vibrant seaside cities: a place where lobstermen and lawyers walk the same streets, and every quintessential coastal experience you’ve imagined is either within city limits or a short drive away. Of course, that means lighthouses are a part of Portland’s fabric. One of Maine’s most photographed beacons—Portland Head Light—is a treasured symbol of the city and a romantic spot for a stroll—and four more lighthouses are within a 20-minute driving distance. Build your lighthouse-themed itinerary with these tips for finding, visiting, and photographing Portland’s lighthouses.
Every Beatrice Bradley trip is crafted to maximize the experiences had during the trip.
The itineraries are specially made to allow time for engaging in conversation and having belly laughs with a new friend. We hope that the activities and experiences may allow you to come out of your comfort zone and to try new or unique things.
These trips are made to replicate a ‘friends get-away trip’.
Past Trip Reviews
BB makes vacationing as a single, mature women as easy as it gets. Being unskilled at planning, myself – the women at BB have considered every detail and make each and every day simple and worry-free.
Whether married, widowed, divorced, or decidedly single, beginning a vacation with strangers can generate a bit of worry. But I think I can confidently say that by the end our journey there was an undeniable sisterhood of love and respect, no matter where we fell on the ‘conservative spectrum ~ or maybe even outside it. 🙂
Be reassured that these new acquaintances dotted across our great country have the potential to become joyful, life-long friends. If not a friend, at the very least a place to hang your hat for a visit when your feet happen to land on their little bit of soil. Looking forward to my next trip with BB! –Katy
Small group size was great, hosts were excellent. Smaller group meant that they could meet individual needs and we were able to get to know each other quickly. I had travel delays, Jane was great in making sure I had airport pick up and able to join the activities quickly. –Catherine
Trips with Beatrice Bradley make it feel as though you’re not traveling solo. The hosts make it so comfortable getting to know each other. All of the guests are open to making friends and the small groups enhance this opportunity. On my first trip I didn’t know anyone before arriving. On my second trip I knew one of the hosts, Shayne. I never felt alone. –Rhonda
Day One: Monday, May 15, 2023 OR Sunday, May 21, 2023 – Arrival Day
Please plan to arrive at Portland International Airport (PWM) by 3:00 pm. We will pick you up and will bring you to the Portland Harbor Hotel in the Old Port District. We will have a Welcome Happy Hour and dinner at the Harbor Bistro & Terrace inside the hotel.
- Arrival at Portland, Maine
- Welcome Happy Hour at the Harbor Bistro
- Dinner as a group at the Harbor Bistro & Terrace at the hotel to get to know each other
Day Two: Tuesday, May 16, 2023 OR Monday, May 22, 2023 – Iconic Lighthouses, Lobster Boats and Coastline
We will start the day with breakfast at the Harbor Bistro at our hotel and then we will head to the port to take a Harbor Lights & Sights cruise to see beautiful iconic lighthouses, lobster boats and coastline of Casco Bay. You will see the Portland Head Light, commissioned by George Washington, that is situated at the entrance to one of Maine’s busiest shipping channels and has protected ships since the late 1700s. After the cruise is over, we will head to the Lobster Pound to see fresh lobster that has been caught and delivered that afternoon and will have a lobster lunch next to the water at The Porthole Restaurant. The afternoon will be open for exploring Portland to shop. We will meet as a group and have dinner at Gilbert’s Chowder House.
- Breakfast at the Harbor Bistro at the hotel as a group
- Harbor Lights and Sights Cruise to see lighthouses, lobster boats and the coastline of the beautiful Casco Bay
- Lunch at the Porthole Restaurant
- Shopping and exploring Portland
- Dinner as a group at Via Vecchia
Day Three: Wednesday, May 17, 2023 OR Tuesday, May 23, 2023 – The Lobster Shack at Two Lights State Park in Cape Elizabeth
Breakfast will be at the Harbor Bistro at the hotel and then we will travel to Two Lights State Park in Cape Elizabeth, ME. We will do a hike with great views and will tour the Two Lights Lighthouse in the state park. Lunch will be at The Lobster Shack at Two Lights in Cape Elizabeth and then we will head back to Portland but will stop by the famous Maine Head Light Lighthouse on our way. Dinner will be at David’s Restaurant.
- Breakfast at the Harbor Bistro at the hotel
- Traveling to Two Lights State Park in Cape Elizabeth to do some hiking and will see the Two Lights Lighthouse
- Lunch al fresco at The Lobster Shack at Two Lights overlooking the water
- Stopping by to see the famous Maine Head Light Lighthouse – we will take some group photos!
- Dinner as a group at David’s Restaurant
Day Four: Thursday, May 18, 2023 OR Wednesday, May 24, 2023 – Narrated Trolley Tour of the Historic Portland Peninsula
Breakfast will be at Becky’s Diner. Then, we will take a narrated trolley tour of the Historic Portland Peninsula. Afterwards, you will have free time to explore Portland. The Farewell Dinner will be at The Old Port Sea Grill.
- Breakfast at Becky’s Diner
- Narrated Trolley Tour of the Historic Portland Peninsula
- Free time to explore Portland and you can stop for lunch (on your own)
- Rooftop Happy Hour at the Luna Bar
- Farewell dinner together at the Old Port Sea Grill
Day Five: Friday, May 19, 2023 OR Thursday, May 25, 2023 – Departure Day
Breakfast as a group saying goodbye to all your new friends and swapping stories at the hotel’s Harbor Bistro, then we will check out and you will be delivered to the Portland airport prior to your departure.
- Farewell Breakfast at Harbor Bistro saying goodbye to new friends
- If there is time after breakfast before your flight, you can do some last minute shopping or exploring
- Departures to go home
Single OccupancyPrice is Per Person
- Your own room – private bathroom
- Deposit: $250 due at time of booking
- Payment Plan Available
Double OccupancyPrice is Per Person
- No Roommate – No problem, we will pair you
- Deposit: $250 due at time of booking
- Payment Plan Available
Flexible pay-as-you-go payment plan
How it Works:
|Step 1||Choose Payment Plan (available with credit card and ACH payment options)|
|Step 2||Your $250 Deposit will be processed within 2 business days|
|Step 3||When you are ready to make a payment, click the “Review and Pay” button on your invoice|
|Step 4||Once clicked, in the top left of the invoice, next to the amount, you will see “Edit Amount.” Here you will be able to enter the amount you would like to pay|
|Step 5||Full amount needs to be paid by 60 days prior to the trip. *If there is a remaining balance at 60 days prior to the trip then an automatic payment for the remaining amount will be charged.|
Activity Level – Moderate
There will be easy walks during the tour and standing.
It is your responsibly to fully read and understand the physical abilities that correlate to this Beatrice Bradley Experience. Difficulty level of activity is subject to individual interpretation so it is extremely important that you read the itinerary and reach out if you have concerns or questions.
If you have questions about the specifics of the physical activity during this trip, please give us a call at 763-784-8291
Role of a Beatrice bradley hostess
Beatrice Bradley is an Experience Company not a Tour Company. The role of a Beatrice Bradley Host is to be warm and welcoming. To relate and connect. To have attention to details. And to manage the behind-the-scenes magic so your experience is one-of-a-kind. They are not local experts nor are they tour guides. We hire local experts, guides, and historians as each location warrants. They are expert hosts and manage the camaraderie and logistics of the experience. Our goal is that your hostess will make you feel welcomed, comfortable, and that you will walk away with new & lasting friendships made during an unforgettable experience.
Airport Pick Up is included when arriving at the designated airport within the specified pick up window.
Arrival Airport: Portland International Airport (PWM)
Arrival Date: May 15, 2023
Pick Up Times: 3:00 pm
Departure Airport: Portland International Airport (PWM)
Departure Date: May 19, 2023
Drop off Times: 3:00 pm
As a solo-traveler, we need you to provide self-awareness and an understanding that you are fully responsible for yourself. This includes: your possessions, your physical abilities or fitness, your attitude, and all other aspects that relate to traveling solo in a group.
- Connect with our Members on our Private Facebook Group – Beatrice Bradley Member’s Only
- You must be able to manage your own luggage and all of your personal belongings on this trip
- This is not a handicap accessible able trip – you must be able to get in and out of a Large Passenger Transit Vehicle
- All Ground transportation is included on this trip
- Group Airport transfers are included in this trip.
- This trip will have have a maximum of 14 women
- This trip will have 2 Beatrice Bradley Hostesses
- If you need a roommate, we will happily pair you with another Beatrice Bradley traveler
- Travel insurance is not included. Beatrice Bradley is not a licensed travel insurance operator nor is our staff trained to in travel insurance. You can choose to purchase travel insurance through any licensed provider you choose. We will ask you upon booking if you would like us to send you some suggested licensed insurance companies.