Gorgeous Colorful Portugal – Lisbon and Madeira Island
April 20 – 27, 2023
8 days / 7 nights
Trip Status: Open
Single Occupancy – $6,590
Double Occupancy – $5,990
Dates: April 20 – 23, 2023
8 Days / 7 Nights
Airport: LIS- Melia Lisboa Aeroporto *Call Debra with help booking flights (860)305-5597
Accommodations: Hotel Da Baixa and 4-5 Stars Hotels
Meet your Hostess
I'm thinking about it
Let our team know that you are interested in joining us on this tour. Our team will reach out via email and will be available to chat about this trip.
Make a Reservation
Secure your reservation here. We only take 10-12 women on each trip. Making a reservation is the only way to secure your name to the trip list.
Extend your Trip and Book Back-to-Back Portugals
Trip Details & Itinerary
Day 1: Arrival & Welcome Dinner
Welcome to Lisbon – the fabulous capital of Portugal! Upon arrival, you will be met by your private driver, who transfers you to the hotel for the check-in.
The rest of the day we will start exploring the magnificent city center, dine in one of the local restaurants or take a good rest in your comfortable room after a long day of travel.
- Arrival pickup by our private driver to transport to our hotel
- Hotel da Baixa Lisbon
- Welcome Dinner and short after dinner sightseeing walk.
Day 2: Exploring the Highlights of Lisbon & Private Evening Cooking Class
After breakfast you meet your guide and enjoy a panoramic walking sightseeing tour of Lisbon.
During the tour you see the most famous attractions, including Restauradores Square with the Obelisk commemorating the Restoration of Portugal’s independence from Spain in 1640.
You take a funicular up to the Bairro Alto and admire the view of the Mouraria district and the Sao Jorge Castle, the charming neighbourhood of Chiado abundant in old cafés, shops and theaters.
Then you proceed to Baixa including Rossio Square, where you learn how the city was destroyed in 1755 by a massive earthquake, and then totally rebuilt to become the city of today.
Continue to Alfama Lisbon’s oldest district to admire Se Cathedral – the city’s oldest church and Commerce Square.
After the tour, you return to your hotel and have some time to rest before going to the cooking class.
Together with a chef you prepare a traditional Portuguese dinner and enjoy freshly cooked dishes at the end of a class, of course, accompanied with local wine! During the private workshop, you cook several dishes consisting of fish, meat and highlight it with a dessert.
- Sightseeing tour
- Restauradores Square with the Obelisk
- Bairro Alto and admire the view of the Mouraria district and the Sao Jorge Castle
- Visit the charming neighborhood of Chiado abundant in old cafés, shops and
- Baixa including Rossio Square
- Alfama Lisbon’s oldest district to admire Se Cathedral – the city’s oldest church and Commerce Square
- Cooking Class preparing a traditional Portuguese’s Dinner
Day 3: Portuguese Wineries and Cheese Day Tour
Together with a driver-guide, you embark on a full day trip to wine cellars near Lisbon. First, you travel to Azeitão area for a first wine tasting at the cellar of José Maria da Fonseca. Continue to Quinta de Alcube to try 5 kinds of wine and have another tasting at a mid-sized winery. Try local cheese, bread and other local specialties which are a perfect pair for the wine you have today.
- Private Guided Wine Cellars Tour
- Wine, Cheese and Bread Tastings
- Including Local Specialties
Funchal, Madeira Island Itinerary
Day 4: Arrival to Madeira Island
Welcome to Madeira! We will start exploring the city center of magnificent Funchal, the vibrant capital of Madeira as a group and dine in one of the local restaurants or take a good rest in your comfortable room.
- Arrive and check into Hotel Porto Mare – PortoBay
- Relaxing dinner on the water
- Poolside Nightcap
Day 5 and 6: Funchal City Sightseeing
This day is dedicated to exploring the top landmarks of Madeira’s capital city. After breakfast, you meet your private guide for a 4-hour walking tour of Funchal’s main sights.
During the tour, you walk in the Old Town with its narrow cobblestone streets and the facades of old houses it is an area of great historic and architectural interest. Then you get a sneak peak of the everyday local life in the market. One of the highlights of the day is a visit to the Madeira Factory Embroidery where you can learn about the history of the island’s handmade merchandise which has for long played an important role in its trade.
The next stop of your tour is the Funchal Cathedral called Sé by locals, this 16th-century cathedral is home to one of the most beautiful wooden ceilings in Portugal. Another tour highlight is the Adegas de Sao Francisco, where you visit the renown Wine Lodge & Museum to find out more about the island’s wine-making history. The final place during the tour is the beautiful Santa Catarina Park. After the tour, you return to the hotel and have the rest of the day free.
- Private guided for a 4-hour walking tour of Funchal’s main sights
- Visit Funchal Cathedral called Sé by locals
- Walk Old Town with its narrow cobblestone
Day 7: Half-Day Madeira Safari 4×4 Tour
The half-day tour starts with the pick-up at the hotel, then we head towards Quinta Grande with passage through Câmara de Lobos to observe the bay. We continue the journey to Quinta Grande to the viewpoint of Fajã dos Padres with stops for photos and an explanation made by the guide about the locations. We follow the path to the highlands of Quinta Grande where there is a stop to glimpse the various settlements and mountainous areas. In the high zones, the walk is made out of the road, through the forest of the eucalyptus, towards the Jardim da Serra, where it is possible to observe the fauna and flora and, in the course, a stop is made for information about the introduction of the eucalyptus tree to Madeira Island. Between the villages of Lugar da Serra and Jardim da Serra, there is the opportunity to identify some fruit trees such as chestnut trees, cherry trees or pear trees. In the Jardim da Serra, stop for coffee and bathroom break and a quick cold drink. Then we will go to the Miradouro of Boca dos Namorados, at 1,000 meters of altitude, where we can see the Curral das Freiras and listen to the guide’s information about the history of this locality. After the viewpoint of Boca dos Namorado, we descend towards Funchal, back to the hotel, passing through the Estreito of Câmara de Lobos where the predominant landscape is the wine fields.
- Exploring Madeira 4X4 Safari
- Eucalyptus introduction and education
- Final Dinner together
Day 8: Final Day & Departure Day
- Early Morning Walk with new friends before a long day of travel
- Breakfast followed by checking out and departing for the Airport
Pricing and Payment Information
Payment Plan available for this Trip
If booked 90 days before trip
- $250 down at time of booking
- First Installment due: 90 days prior to event
- Second Installment due: 2 weeks after first installment
- Third Installment due: 4 weeks after first installment
- Forth Installment due: 6 weeks after first installment
- Payment plan (if the trip is more than 90 days out)
- Pay via ACH to avoid 3% credit card convenience fee
- Pay via credit card – please note a 3% convenience fee will be charged on to the total balance
Included in Price
- All meals noted in itinerary
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation
Not Included in Price
- Specialty Liquors
- Gratuity for Hostess
- Full Trip Balance is due if the trip is passed the payment plan window of 90 days
- Cancellations made less than 30 days prior to arrival forfeits entire payment.
- Cancellations made less than 60 days prior to arrival a 50% fee charged and balance is held on credit for future travel.
- Cancellations made 90 days prior to the event full refund is given and Deposit is transferred to a new trip of choosing.
Airfare is not included in any of our Beatrice Bradley Adventures
Airport Pick Up is included when arriving at the designated airport within the specified pick up window.
Arrival Airport: LIS- Melia Lisboa Aeroporto *Call Debra with help booking flights (860)305-5597
Date: April 20, 2023
Departure Airport:LIS- Melia Lisboa Aeroporto *Call Debra with help booking flights (860)305-5597
Departure Date: April 27, 2023
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I cannot find an arrival flight before designated arrival window?
Our trips are typically only 4-6 days in length so we really try to make the most out of our time together. The first night we host a special Welcome Dinner where you really kick off the fun and start to get acquainted. However, we understand that it is not always possible to find a flight that works. There are a few options:
1. Let our team know ASAP and if it’s possible we can accommodate for it. In some situations there is a hotel shuttle or taxi that can be taken. However, some airports are too far from our destination for shuttle or taxi services, so it is important that you let our team know ASAP.
2. Arrive a day early
- You will be responsible for your own transportation and hotel arrangements during that time
- Please let our team know if you would like to stay at the same hotel and we can help arrange it
What if I can not find a departure flight before designated departure window?
Our trips are typically only 4-6 days in length so we really try to make the most out of our time together. We have scheduled tours or meals the day of departure so it is possible that if you have a flight earlier than designated departure time that you will miss part of the tour. We would recommended tying to stay an extra night. Please note that you are responsible for all ground transportation for your departure if your departure is outside of designated window.
Please call 763-784-8291 with any questions or concerns
Walking, Easy level hikes
All ground transportation is included
We do not require you to be vaccinated nor tested to book a trip with Beatrice Bradley. We do not require you to wear a mask. However, we can not control the state, local and federal restrictions. Please make sure to check airline and travel restrictions when booking your ticket.
ALL Tips for your local tour guides and meals are included.
Tips for your Hostess: Our Hostess and Trip Coordinator work extremely hard to make each and every trip run smoothly. Tipping is never required but always welcome.