SWIMMING WITH THE MANATEES
Crystal River, Florida
Crystal River offers the best location to see and interact with the Florida manatee, a subspecies of the West Indian manatee, also known as gentle giants. Unlike other areas of Florida, the Federal Government allows for “passive observation” in the water between manatees and people in Kings Bay. This allows face-to-face interaction with manatees. We provide pre-tour education on passive observation and how to get the best experience during the tour. This is a perfect trip for the entire family!
Swimming with the manatees and exploring the greater Kings Bay estuary and springs is extremely popular and we welcome both experienced divers as well as provide diving instruction. Manatee tour experiences are best done by snorkeling while wearing wet suits, making the interaction as silent as possible.
This way the manatees are more inclined to approach and get close. We maintain new suits and snorkel gear, all included in our manatee tours, as well as full-service facilities for changing, videos and pictures of your manatee experience and more.
There are two high seasons: Swimming with the Manatees and The Scalloping season
Swimming with the Manatees runs from November to beginning April.
The Scalloping Season runs from July 1 to the middle of August. (This activity is in high demand)
It’s always time for fishing in The Gulf of Mexico and on beautiful King’s Bay!
Few places compare to Crystal River when it comes to salt or freshwater sport fishing. There really isn’t a better place to cast out your lines to fish for an inshore slam of tarpon, redfish, and speckled trout. Offshore opportunities include grouper, a variety of snapper, smoker kingfish, and cobia. Pick the time of year and there will be a fishing season to enjoy with us!
- Swim with the most adorable Manatees in the beautiful Crystal River in Florida
- Wonderful Activities include fishing, boating, snorkeling and kayaking
- Take a half day fishing and touring the Springs area on a guided boat tour
- Enjoy the accommodations in a beautiful plantation styled inn right on the water with a golf course across the street
All Year Around
Manatee High Season:
Nov – April
Scalloping High Season:
July – Mid August
4 nights/5 days
Services and equipment are included.
SEE HOW WE INCLUDE MORE
CHECK THE LODGE
Why Travel with BBGAGE
FIND OUT WHAT SETS US APART
- Breakfast each day, lunch when on the boat
- Accommodations including resort fees & taxes
- 2 half days fishing OR 1 whole day fishing OR 1 half day fishing and 1 half day boat tour with our USCG Boat Captain
- Beverages while on the boat
- Fishing Licenses
- Equipment for fishing, lifejackets for boating, wetsuits. snorkel gear, if needed for the Manatee tour or the Scalloping Tour
- Airfare to Tampa, Florida
- Dinner nightly and some lunches
- No alcohol is included (can be purchased at the bar or restaurant)
- Golf fees and cart rental
- Staff or guide gratuities
- Additional guided trips of fishing (at an additional cost), exploring the area and rainy day activities
Our lodging accommodation is situated directly on the beautiful Crystal River and styled like an Old Southern plantation.
Double occupancy with a king bed, or up to 4 per room with two queen beds. For families with more than 4, we can accommodate you in adjoining rooms with a door which opens between (additional room will be added onto package cost).
Breakfast is included each day in our lovely dining room, boxed lunches are provided on the days you are out on the boat. There is a Tiki Bar and Grill surrounding the pool area for day and night enjoyment. There are many, many restaurants in the area to have dinner and most specialize in the locally caught seafood. You may also enjoy our own dining room for really delicious food. Dinner is not included.
There is a beautiful pool overlooking the river and a new splash pad for kids. There are oversized lawn games and a sand volleyball net.
There are 27 holes of golf including a championship course across the street from the lodge. Let us know if you are interested in golfing, we can give you more details.
The town of Crystal River is quaint and full of fun shopping. There are nature preserves to explore all within a short distance.
We are thrilled to have the opportunity to weave Beatrice Bradley into a travel adventure company sponsored by Gage Outdoors. Together, our team of women at BBGage, want to help you and your family, spouse or friends to experience the outdoors, go on great adventures and share life’s special moments exploring new places and meeting new friends. Let us help you put together a lifetime experience, call us today.