COSTA RICA CHrISTMAS DETOX – REJUVENATE Your BODY, MIND & SPIRIT
January 5 – 12, 2023
7 days / 6 nights
Juan Santamaria Intl Airport (SJO)Trip Status: Open
Single Occupancy – $6,195
Double Occupancy – $5,395
Dates: January 5 – 12, 2023
7 Days / 6 Nights
Location: Costa Rica’s Osa Peninsula
Airport: Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO)
Accommodations: Botánika Osa Peninsula, Curio Collection by Hilton
Meet your Hostess
I'm thinking about it
Let our team know that you are interested in joining us on this tour. Our team will reach out via email and will be available to chat about this trip.
Make a Reservation
Secure your reservation here. We only take 10-12 women on each trip. Making a reservation is the only way to secure your name to the trip list.
A note from the hostess
Rich biodiversity and an immense ecosystem sums up the reason that Costa Rica was “the most popular destination in the world” for travelers interested in exploring eco tourism. Also described as a “ Living Garden of Eden”, Costa Rica is home to over 800 species of birds, is covered in Cloud forests and rainforests, has volcanos and so much more. Come join a group of Beatrice Bradley travelers to take in all the amazing wildlife, plant life and jungles in January, for our Costa Rica – Christmas detox trip! We will offer wonderful tours provided by knowledgeable native guides and stay right in the jungle at the fabulous new Botanika resort ( formerly known as Crocodile Bay). Monkeys swing from the trees right outside your door, the ocean is a pristine deep blue hardly seen anywhere else on the planet, the McCaws call out to you, the entire experience is magical. We will dine on native Costa Rican food out in the city of Port Jimenez, as well as sharing breakfasts and happy hours on the balcony of our rainforest admin retreat with your host each day. We will get some instruction on capturing the best pictures from our great guide, your loved ones won’t believe the pictures you bring home, they are that spectacular. Be sure to sign up quickly because this trip will fill fast, small group travel for 12 lucky ladies.
Trip Details & Itinerary
Day 1 January 5th
- Fly into SJO airport, our resort team will meet you at the airport and transport you to the first nights’ Hilton property 5 Star Hilton La Sabana in downtown San Jose.
- First night welcome dinner, toast to our stress- free trip to paradise and get to know each other.
Day 2 Night 2 January 6
- Early breakfast and transfer to the domestic air terminal for our quick (less than one hour) flight to our 5 Stary Botanika resort.
- Check in, then meet for a group lunch followed by a private Jungle exploration eco- tour, complete with a quick photography lesson and chance to see the monkeys, McCaws and beautiful wildlife “ up close and personal”. Over 800 species of birds, and so many flowering plants!
- Return from our afternoon trip into the wild for a cocktail hour on the balcony of our lovely admin retreat house.
- A quick dinner at the resort and after dinner walk on the awesome dock overlooking the Golfo Dulce bay.
Day 3 Night 3 January 7th
- Relaxation Mediation Day
- Gather for Healthy Breakfast at the Hotel.
- Today we will start off by offering a Yoga class for anyone interested ( no previous experience needed).
- Spa treatment ( additional cost ) including Botanika’s famous “chocolate facial and body slather” ( yes, real chocolate made into a beauty paste), contact host to arrange.
- WELLNESS SPA REIMAGINED Botánika encourages you to relax and relish in sublime moments of wellness and healing with restorative spa therapies that nurture the mind, body and soul. Customized body and facial treatments inspired by the rainforest—from hot stone massages to chocolate wraps and coffee scrubs—hold restorative properties. Find peace and contentment as our highly skilled professional therapists use products native to Costa Rica to ensure the ultimate spa experience.
- Poolside relaxation on and off throughout the entire day.
- In the early afternoon we will walk into the town, Port Jimenez for lunch and to take in some local art and shopping.
- Dinner to be served at the Hotel followed a night cap on the hospitality balcony.
Day 4 Night 4 January 8th
- Breakfast hosted at the admin hospitality suite with a casual start to the day, we’ll see if the monkeys and McCaw’s will join us.
- After breakfast light exercise in the gym or pool.
- Gather up before noon to get ready to depart on an exciting adventure of Zip Lining.
- This is one of the most talked about and beloved events that women get to do. We all conquer our fears and soar through the air like the birds do here. The Canopy Tour offers many platforms up to 140 feet tall that allow you to view primary forest, secondary forest, and renewable plantations of trees. The combination of breathtaking views, vibrant wildlife, and speeds up to 50 miles per hour while 140 feet high are sure to make this a trip to remember! State-of-the-art equipment is provided for utmost safety. The guides are highly trained and knowledgeable in not only techniques and safety issues, but also on the natural wonders encountered in this exciting ride through the heights of the rainforest.”
- Return to the resort for cocktail hour, head out to dinner on the town.
Day 5 Night 5 January 9th
- We gather for breakfast and then a walk down to the docks to see the lovely bay and look for signs of wildlife.
- Time for a swim or light workout before we depart for our private Sierpe River Tour:
- The Osa Peninsula of Costa Rica is well known for its biodiversity due to its numerous types of ecosystems. The Sierpe river is a tidal river and contains many animal species, including crocodiles, caimans, egrets, kingfishers, monkeys, iguanas, turtles, macaws, and lizards. The tour takes three hours on a pontoon-type boat, which is designed so that you can easily walk and stand on it, which makes them perfect for wildlife photography. A picnic lunch will be provided along with drinks and fruit.
- Dinner will be provided at the hotel.
Day 6 Night 6 January 10th
- Pick and Adventure Day – We give you a chance today be able to customize your adventure which may include: to go out with the fishing crew here and go deep sea fishing. This is provided by the wonderful crew of Crocodile Bay marina and has an additional cost. Colorful, great sport fishing! Or, you may want to choose another Eco tour to do with one of your new friends. There is a day trip to Corcovado National Park for an extensive physical hike and exploration of Costa Rica’s jewel. If you wish to see how Chocolate is made, join a tour to the Chocolate farm or visit a Sloth Farm. So much to choose from. Today’s activities come at an additional cost, you may certainly kick back and sit at the pool for total relaxation!
- Meals and the day’s gathering activities will work around what the group has chosen to do.
- See attachment for list of private tours to pick from.
Day 7 January 11th
- Check out & morning flight back to SJO. International departures can be met this day any time after 11:00am from SJO
Pricing and Payment Information
Payment Plan available for this Trip
If booked 90 days before trip
- $250 down at time of booking
- First Installment due: 90 days prior to event
- Second Installment due: 2 weeks after first installment
- Third Installment due: 4 weeks after first installment
- Forth Installment due: 6 weeks after first installment
- Payment plan (if the trip is more than 90 days out)
- Pay via ACH to avoid 3% credit card convenience fee
- Pay via credit card – please note a 3% convenience fee will be charged on to the total balance
Included in Price
- All meals noted in itinerary
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation
- Domestic flight in Costa Rica
Not Included in Price
- Airfare to Costa Rica
- Specialty Liquors
- Gratuity for Hostess
- Full Trip Balance is due if the trip is passed the payment plan window of 90 days
- Cancellations made less than 30 days prior to arrival forfeits entire payment.
- Cancellations made less than 60 days prior to arrival a 50% fee charged and balance is held on credit for future travel.
- Cancellations made 90 days prior to the event full refund is given and Deposit is transferred to a new trip of choosing.
Airfare is not included in any of our Beatrice Bradley Adventures
Airport Pick Up is included when arriving at the designated airport within the specified pick up window.
Arrival Airport: Juan Santamaria Intl Airport (SJO)
Arrival Date: January 5, 2023. We will make three pickups at 1:00pm, 3:00pm and 4:30pm
Departure Airport: Juan Santamaria Intl Airport (SJO)
Departure Date: January 11, 2023. Evening Flights – After 3 pm
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I cannot find an arrival flight before designated arrival window?
Our trips are typically only 4-6 days in length so we really try to make the most out of our time together. The first night we host a special Welcome Dinner where you really kick off the fun and start to get acquainted. However, we understand that it is not always possible to find a flight that works. There are a few options:
1. Let our team know ASAP and if it’s possible we can accommodate for it. In some situations there is a hotel shuttle or taxi that can be taken. However, some airports are too far from our destination for shuttle or taxi services, so it is important that you let our team know ASAP.
2. Arrive a day early
- You will be responsible for your own transportation and hotel arrangements during that time
- Please let our team know if you would like to stay at the same hotel and we can help arrange it
What if I can not find a departure flight before designated departure window?
Our trips are typically only 4-6 days in length so we really try to make the most out of our time together. We have scheduled tours or meals the day of departure so it is possible that if you have a flight earlier than designated departure time that you will miss part of the tour. We would recommended tying to stay an extra night. Please note that you are responsible for all ground transportation for your departure if your departure is outside of designated window.
Please call 763-784-8291 with any questions or concerns
Walking, Easy level hikes
All ground transportation is included
We do not require you to be vaccinated nor tested to book a trip with Beatrice Bradley. We do not require you to wear a mask. However, we can not control the state, local and federal restrictions. Please make sure to check airline and travel restrictions when booking your ticket.
ALL Tips for your local tour guides and meals are included.
Tips for your Hostess: Our Hostess and Trip Coordinator work extremely hard to make each and every trip run smoothly. Tipping is never required but always welcome.