ALASKA ULTIMATE GIRLS ADVENTURE
Join Beatrice Bradley Adventure Travel and women from all over this great country on a journey into the wild beauty of our 49th State. 360-degree stunning scenery surrounds you everywhere you go. The land of glaciers and fiords, wildlife seen only in Alaska, and of course a helicopter/plane ride up over and onto a glacier. Walk on one of Nature’s wonders, cup your hands and drink from a clear blue glacial pool all with adventurers just like you. We head south out of Anchorage to the Kenai peninsula for all the fun. Our group embraces adventure, encourages you to explore unknown sites and taste a new side of life. We have chosen a time of summer that has the least rainfall, Alaska is one big rainforest, after all. Come join us for a bucket list worthy trip, you will rave about this for years to come and the pictures you bring home will delight you for a long time. We believe this will sell out quickly!
- Day 1 Arrival times can greatly vary when traveling to Alaska, but we will be sure to wait for you so we can all have an Alaskan Style Welcome party on the night your first night in Anchorage. A downtown hotel will give us a good night’s sleep and we are off early the next morning.
- Day 2 We will leave Anchorage and head south, taking in the Mountain Vistas and stop for a photo moment at Beluga Bay. The van then heads further south and we will take in the Potter’s Marsh wildlife refuge. Last summer we were able to see the Silver Salmon running in the small creeks that run throughout. Although we didn’t see a moose then, we saw plenty of signs suggesting that one could “pop out” at any time. The boardwalks of Potter’s Marsh allow for a lovely hike to start our morning. Leaving the marsh, we will head for Girdwood and a popular luxury resort hotel there. After a tasty lunch, we will offer dramatic helicopter rides taking in the area Glaciers and even land on top of one for a view of a lifetime! Drink from the ultra-pure, ultra-blue glacial waters at the mountain’s top, the flight to and from is spectacular! We will split into two groups to accommodate the helicopter ride, while one group is up in the air the other will be riding the mountain tram right at the resort, then we switch!
- Day 3 We head down the road to a small, sleepy town and hike a trail that will give us stellar views of mountains and a famous lake. After our exercise, we will have a lovely lunch at the local “shanty” and then kayak for those that want to explore the area and see the wildlife from the water. If you don’t want to kayak, we will shop and walk the quaint town. Back to Girdwood for overnight.
- Day 4 We will have a wonderful ride south and we might see a moose or two along the way and some eagles for sure! We will stop once or twice to take some dramatic photos of the Ring of Fire. (Volcanos and Glaciers). We will arrive in Homer in time for lunch and exploration of the marina, shops and a walk along the lovely Homer Spit which sticks out into the bay. If you have never been there, it is so breathtakingly beautiful! Homer is the site of the world’s best halibut fishing. The fresh caught fish (which sells for $29.00/lb across America) is on every menu and eating in Alaska is a major treat, even those who don’t eat fish might be tempted to try the buttery Halibut or fabulous salmon caught here. There are plenty of choices so if fish isn’t your thing, not to worry! Accommodations in Homer are directly on the water, so no extra charge for the views.
- Day 5 Exploration of Alaska continues with a chance to go on a half day fishing excursion to catch the Halibut (ship it home) or, travel by Ferry (45 min ride) to the town of Seldovia. This was the site of great trading by the Russians and is home to indigenous Eskimo tribes. For those who come to Seldovia, there is a guided nature tour and exploration of the tide pools, birding, animal watching and a tour of a native wildlife artist’s work. Also, you will walk the boardwalk and experience a bit of history of the Kenai Peninsula.
- Day 6 We will offer a yoga session or a spa treatment and a cooking class for those interested. You will also be able to enjoy walking the Homer Spit beach, touring some art galleries and just exploring wherever you feel like going.
- Day 7 Even more adventure awaits, we will all travel to Seward (it is on the way to Anchorage), viewing breathtaking scenery on the drive. In Seward, we will have a choice of boarding a very ocean-worthy vessel which will take you out to the edge of the bay and at the opening of the wide ocean. We will travel in a fjord with glaciers flowing down the mountain sides. You will see seals swimming and sunning, Puffins flying and diving, Eagles soaring, and, on most trips, they find the Orca Whale pods to watch them swim alongside the boat. If you are not interested in the boat, you can instead visit the Iditarod Dog sledding camp, have a ride in a land sled pulled by the dogs, and hear about the training and see first-hand how they handle the dogs. And the best is last – when you can cuddle and admire the new sled dog pups being raised at the camp!
Everyone will return to a meeting point and we will depart for Anchorage. At this point, the trip is officially ending in Anchorage. Those who have night flights will be dropped at the airport. For those staying over will be going to the hotel where you will be charged separately for this and arrange your own transportation back for a morning flight (many leave very early in the morning, for example, 5:00 am). Or, you can choose to stay longer on your own.
- Double Occupancy Lodging for 6 nights / 7 days
- Transportation from ANC airport, throughout trip, return to airport
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner unless otherwise noted
- Girdwood Glacier Helicopter ride / Tram ride
- Kayaking on day 3
- Seldovia boat trip while in Homer / guided tour of Seldovia
- Seward Wildlife/Kenai Fjords/Resurrection Bay boat tour or Seavey’s Iditarod Dog Sled camp tour
• Halibut fishing in Homer Bay
• Special order wines and beers
• Staff gratuities
We are thrilled to have the opportunity to weave Beatrice Bradley into a travel adventure company sponsored by Gage Outdoors. Together, our team of women at BBGage, want to help you and your family, spouse or friends to experience the outdoors, go on great adventures and share life’s special moments exploring new places and meeting new friends. Let us help you put together a lifetime experience, call us today.