THE WILD SIDE OF ALASKA TONGASS NATIONAL FOREST and fishing ECO-TOUR
Includes world class Alaskan fishing, glaicer viewing, wild life tours and more.
June 7-13, 2024
7 days / 6 nights
Explore America’s 4th largest island where you will experience wilderness adventures and friendships of a lifetime!
Remote, exclusive, unforgettable – you will leave forever changed after approaching wild life on foot or by boat feeling your heart beat increasingly faster as you get the perfect view of the amazing stunning wildlife and scenery. Whales and dolphins dance in the water putting on a show and wolves howl in the distance. There is nothing quite like touring Thorne Bay coming upon a pod of whales or pulling your crab pot up at the end for fresh crab for dinner!
Trip Status: All Inclusive everything as noted in the itinerary below
Per person $8,220
Per couple $16,440
June 7 – 13, 2024
6 Days / 5 Nights
Location: 1 Cook’s Cove, Thorne Bay, United States
Airport: Ketchikan International Airport (KTN)
Accommodations: Boardwalk Lodge on Prince Of Whales Island in Tongass National Forest
Meet your Host Couple
Ellen & Tom Swansom
I'm thinking about it
Let our team know that you are interested in joining us on this tour. Our team will reach out via email and will be available to chat about this trip.
Make a Reservation
Secure your reservation here. We only take 6 couples on each trip. Making a reservation is the only way to secure your name to the trip list.
Don’t just tour Alaska, Experience Alaska
Every Beatrice Bradley trip is crafted to maximize the experiences had during the trip.
The itineraries are specially made to allow time for engaging in conversation and meeting new like-minded friends. We hope that the activities and experiences allow you to come out of your comfort zone.
Day One: June 7, 2024 – Arrival Day
Welcome to Alaska! Land in Ketchikan International Airport (arrival times will vary but must arrive no later than 4:45 pm) to catch a float plan to Island Lodge. Upon arrival you will receive your room assignments with time to relax and get settled. Once settled, we will enjoy hors d’oeuvres and drinks on the deck while watching the sunset and get to know each other. After dinner the group will take a light walk around to property and have plenty for time to relax by the fire pits or jump in the jacuzzi.
- Float Plane Ride to your ocean-front Island Lodge – Orvis Endorsed Boardwalk Lodge (https://www.boardwalklodge.com/) in Ketchikan, we will have arranged air transportation for you to the lodge, as part of our all-inclusive trip. This breathtaking, 30-minute float plane ride will take you from Ketchikan directly to Boardwalk’s dock.
- Guide introductions and room assignments
- Dinner to get acquainted and start the fun. EXPERIENCE THE BOUNTY OF ALASKA!
- Fire pits and jacuzzi nightcap with new friends
Day Two: June 8, 2024
Early morning coffee walk down to the ocean for beachcombing followed by a Mimosa breakfast. Shortly after breakfast we will drop crab pots in and head out for some saltwater fishing and wildlife viewing. Later afternoon you will pull up your crab pot and deliver to the chef to prepare with dinner. In the late afternoon you will have free time before hors d’oeuvres and drinks on the deck while watching the sunset. After dinner the group will take a light walk around to property and have plenty for time to relax by the firepits or jump in the jacuzzi.
- Early raisers coffee nature walk.
- THIS IS YOUR VACATION DO WHAT YOU WHAT AT ANYTIME!
- Made to order breakfast with Mimosa’s – a hearty and delicious breakfast is the key to a great start in the Alaskan wilderness!
- Beginners Saltwater fishing (yes, you can bring your catch home) in protected bay and ocean wildlife viewing. You could encounter humpbacks, Orcas, Gray, Belug and Minke whales. Sea lions, harbor seals, dolphins, porpoises and sea otters also make the waters around Prince of Wales Island their playground. And playground is exactly what it is – don’t be surprised to find these animals playing peek-a-boo and other games with you. Because both visitors and residents here tend to be very respectful of the wildlife, they’re rarely afraid to come close to say hello.
- Crab pots will be dropped in the morning which we will pull up right before dinner which the chef will prepare nightly.
- Group Dinner prepared by the lodge chef (fresh crab is on the menu) and feast on the wonders of locally cultivated ingredients.
- After dinner sunset beachcombing, tide pool exploration, and marine wildlife viewing. (The jacuzzi is always open)
Day Three: June 9, 2024
Early morning coffee walk down to the ocean followed by a hearty breakfast. Shortly after breakfast we will drop crab pots in and head out to Kasaan Whale House and Totem Park for a private guided tour. Late afternoon we pull up your crab pots and deliver to the chef to prepare with dinner. Free time before hors d’oeuvres and drinks on the deck while watching the sunset. After dinner the group will take a light walk around to property and have plenty for time to start a game of card or jump in the Jacuzzi.
- Early risers beach treasure walk – uncover nature’s buried treasure with coffee in hand!
- WANT MORE FISHING JUST ASK!
- Eat a hearty breakfast with Bloody Mary’s
- Crab pot drop for fresh crab with dinner.
- Choose between another day of fishing or Totem Pole Tour/Kassan day.
- Guided Tribal Village Totem Tour * The village of Kasaan offers visitors a unique opportunity to step back in time and view Alaska as it was hundreds of years ago. The whale house, the former home of Haida chief Son-I-Hat, is the oldest standing longhouse in North America.
- Explore the trails and beaches in Kasaan stopping for a picnic lunch.
- Dinner and wine flight night. (yes, more fresh crab!)
Day Four and five: June 10, 2024
Early morning coffee walk down to the ocean followed by a Mimosa breakfast. Shortly after breakfast we will drop crab pots in and head out to float planes for the Misty Fjords Flightseeing Tour. Late afternoon we pull up your crab pots and deliver to the chef to prepare with dinner. Free time before hors d’oeuvres and drinks on the deck while watching the sunset. After dinner the group will take a light walk wildlife viewing walk and have plenty for time to start a game of card or jump in the Jacuzzi.
- Early risers’ coffee walk.
- Breakfast with Bottomless Mimosa’s
- Misty Fjords Flightseeing Eco-Tour this natural wonder is located about forty miles east of Ketchikan in a highly protected environment that few people get to experience for themselves. From high, rocky cliffs overlooking the Inside Passage to cascading waterfalls and huge expanses of forest, this area is a picture-perfect postcard come to life. Nowhere else will you see 3,000-foot cliffs carved from glaciers, mountains rising out of the mist, hidden lakes, and all the wild beauty of Alaska. Opportunities to spot prolific wildlife in these parts, like grizzly bears, black bears, mountain goats, moose, wolverines, whales, sea otters and deer.
- Dinner at the Lodge – local ingredients in season that elegantly reflect the rugged and aesthetic beauty of Southeast Alaska.
- After dinner watching the sunset and having a bonfire or jaccuzi.
- Last full day at the lodge is a free day to add on extra fishing, go hiking, learn to fly fish or just relax on the deck and read a book.
Day Six: June 11, 2024
Farewell morning coffee walk down to the ocean followed by a Mimosa breakfast. Pack up and head to the floatplanes to check into Cape Fox Lodge in Ketchikan for our last dinner together. Free afternoon to tour downtown historic Ketchikan.
- Float Plane Ride back to Ketchikan
- Touring Historic Downtown Ketchikan – The Ketchikan area has the largest number of historic properties of any community in Alaska.
- Farewell Dinner at the Alaskan Fish House – our time in Alaska has sadly come to an end but new friends and memories that will last for the rest of a lifetime!
Day Seven: June 12, 2024
Depending on your departure time breakfast in town and last-minute exploring and shopping.
Double OccupancyPrice is Per Person
- This is an ALL-INCLUSIVE TRIP – all meals and drinks included
- Deposit: $250 per person / $500 per couple due at time of booking
- Payment Plan Available
Per Couple Double OccupancyPrice is Per Couple
- Deposit: $250 per person / $500 per couple due at time of booking
- Payment Plan Available
Flexible pay-as-you-go payment plan
How it Works:
|Step 1||Choose Payment Plan (available with credit card and ACH payment options)|
|Step 2||Your $250 Deposit will be processed within 2 business days|
|Step 3||When you are ready to make a payment, click the “Review and Pay” button on your invoice|
|Step 4||Once clicked, in the top left of the invoice, next to the amount, you will see “Edit Amount.” Here you will be able to enter the amount you would like to pay|
|Step 5||Full amount needs to be paid by 60 days prior to the trip. *If there is a remaining balance at 60 days prior to the trip then an automatic payment for the remaining amount will be charged.|
Activity Level – Moderate
There will be walking and standing during the tour. You will need to be able to get in and out of a van.
It is your responsibly to fully read and understand the physical abilities that correlate to this Beatrice Bradley Experience. Difficulty level of activity is subject to individual interpretation so it is extremely important that you read the itinerary and reach out if you have concerns or questions.
If you have questions about the specifics of the physical activity during this trip, please give us a call at 763-784-8291
Role of a Beatrice bradley host Couple
Beatrice Bradley is an Experience Company not a Tour Company. The role of a Beatrice Bradley Host couple is to be warm and welcoming. To relate and connect. To have attention to details. And to manage the behind-the-scenes magic so your experience is one-of-a-kindd. They are not local experts nor are they tour guides. We hire local experts, guides, and historians as each location warrants. They are expert hosts and manage the camaraderie and logistics of the experience. Our goal is that your host couple will make you feel welcomed, comfortable, and that you will walk away with new & lasting friendships made during an unforgettable experience.
Airport Pick Up is included when arriving at the designated airport within the specified pick up window.
Arrival Airport: Ketchikan International Airport (KTN)
Arrival Date: June 7, 2024
Pick Up Times: Please Arrive by 4:30pm
Departure Airport: Ketchikan International Airport (KTN)
Departure Date: June 13, 2024
Drop off Times: Drop off times will vary