POSITIVE IMPACT Experience in Africa bucket list safari
July 24 – August 4, 2023
11 days / 11 nights
Trip Status: OPEN
Single Occupancy – $9,550
Double Occupancy – $8,550
July 24 – August 4, 2023 Starting and ending In Atlanta
11 Days / 11 Nights
Location: Namibia, South Africa including Waterburg Plateau, Etosha, Swakopmund, Windhoek and The Kulala Desert.
Airport: Group Flight out of Atlanta (ATL) on July 24th to Johannesburg, Africa. Arrive in Atlanta not later than 6pm. Call before booking flights. (Group flight add on approximately $1500 – $1800)
Accommodations: Hotels and lodges are list below.
Meet your Hostess
Mercy & Connie
I'm thinking about it
Let our team know that you are interested in joining us on this tour. Our team will reach out via email and will be available to chat about this trip.
Make a Reservation
Secure your reservation here. We only take 10-12 women on each trip. Making a reservation is the only way to secure your name to the trip list.
Don’t just tour Africa, Make a positive impact in Africa
Every Beatrice Bradley trip is crafted to maximize the experiences had during the trip.
The itineraries are specially made to allow time for engaging in conversation and having belly laughs with a new friend. We hope that the activities and experiences may allow you to come out of your comfort zone and to try new or unique things.
These trips are made to replicate a ‘friends get-away trip’.
Day Pre-Arrival: Monday, July 24, 2023 – Arrive in Atlanta (ATL) to board group flight to Johannesburg, Africa
- CALL us to help you make the very best travel arrangements 763-784-8291 – Our team will be with you every step of the way!
- Arrive in Atlanta (ATL) no later than 6PM to board group flight for Johannesburg, Africa.
- Boarding Delta DL200 departing at 940PM arrival July 25th 7PM.
- Arrive in Atlanta a day early (July 23, 2023) Host Connie will be arriving early and will staying The Westin Atlanta Airport
Day One: Tuesday, July 25, 2023 – Arrival in Johannesburg, Africa
- Check into City Hotel in Johannesburg
- Dinner and short walk before early night to rest and be ready to start the tour.
- July 26th board a hopper flight (see day two below)
Day Two: Wednesday July 26, 2023 – Arrival in Waterbery Plateau, Namibia -1 night
Namibia’s landscape is not all dunes and desert. Venture north to the western fringes of the Kalahari Desert, and you’ll find something completely different – a dense swathe of green scrubland and, rising above it, the Waterberg Plateau.
At the base of this flat-topped mesa is Waterberg Wilderness Lodge, a charmingly renovated old farmstead in the eponymous 35-square-kilometre private reserve. Red sandstone paths snake through the mature garden, connecting the lodge and the chalets. Take in the 270-degree views and the vast, star-studded night sky. Outside, a large stone terrace with several tables and umbrellas is used for alfresco dining. Two swimming pools, filled from a local spring, help you keep cool.
There’s plenty to do in the Waterberg. Well-marked hikes from the lodge are ideal for group exploration – a rare opportunity on safari. Hiking to the top of the plateau is well worth the effort as we will get to take a dip in a natural pool at the very top. Our local guides will identify plants, spot animals and many birds, and walk you back through history to the site of a Herero/German skirmish in 1904. We will experience game drives, rhino tracking and stargazing.
- Airport group pick up by private guides and exclusive 4×4 for duration of your time in Namibia
- Your guide will drive you in your private vehicle to Waterberg Wilderness Lodge
- Afternoon Rhino Drive in the Kalahari Bush Savannah
- Guided Walk to the Plateau with a dip in a natural pool at the very top
- Namibian farm cuisine
- Lodging – Waterberg Wilderness Lodge https://www.waterberg-wilderness.com/waterberg-plateau-lodge.html
The Etosha Oberland Lodge, located at the southern entrance of the Etosha National Park, combines luxury with privacy.
Nestled in a wild garden is the main house with a restaurant, pool, a bar and a coxy lounge with a fire pit. Among large mopane trees are many private places that offer a wonderful view of the wide grassy plains and the waterhole lying there. Here an abundance of wildlife will be taking a drink just waiting for you to snap a photo.
Relax after eventful days with a sundowner on the restaurant terrace or the viewing deck. The spacious 18 Chalets are lovingly integrated into nature. Each house has outdoor terraces where you can enjoy a unique view of the savannah. .
- Your guide will drive you in your private vehicle to Etosha Oberland Lodge
- Daily Exploring of Etosha National Park – Walking and Hiking
- Private guided game drive through Etosha National Park with mopane tree and grass fields, the thorny bushes and desert shrubs, there are more than 100 different species of mammal, as many species of reptiles, and around 340 species of birds. Here you have the opportunity to meet every animal that a traveler to Africa hopes to see. During this National Park drive you will get close to elephants and rhinos, giraffes and lions, meerkats and flamingos.
- Flat land, seemingly endless expanses, and an environment with little more than sand, salt, and sun – the closer you get to the Etosha Pan, the more difficult the living conditions for the flora and fauna are and the more fascinating the diversity that you can observe here is, despite everything.
- Lodging – Etosha Oberland Lodge https://www.ondili.com/en/lodges-en/etosha-oberland-lodge/
Day Five and Six: Saturday – Sunday July 29 – 30, 2023 – THE DELIGHT SWAKOPMUND 2 night
Discover eroded canyons and welwitschia “living fossils” on a Namib Desert tour from Swakopmund. Enjoy the sunset in the Namib Desert as you discover the Moon Landscape and Welwitschia sundowner plant. It truly is an unspoiled and precious place, a reminder of the wonder that is nature.
- Your guide will drive you in your private vehicle to The Delight Swakopmund
- Half-day private guided Moon landscape tour where we explore traditional culture, desert plants, and wildlife, and learn about the future of development in this region.
- Sail out on a catamaran and spot the ocean’s “Big 5”: whales, dolphins, mola mola, leatherback turtles and seals.
- Visit the Swakopmund museum – Here you can find various types of indigenous plants, animals, minerals, an archaeological exhibition, the transport system of old days and a variety of cultural historical objects. The educational exhibition “People of Namibia” focuses on the traditional heritage of different ethnic groups of Namibia.
- Visit the Krystall Galerie home of the World’s largest Quartz crystal cluster on display.
- Visit the National Marine Aquarium of Namibia – Species that may be viewed in the Aquarium Galjoen, West Coast Steenbras, Baardman, Ragged-tooth Shark, Shyshark, Kipfish, African penguin, Cape cormorant, Blacktail, Redfingers, Horse mackerel, Octopus, Green turtle, Pipefish, hermit crab, kelp gull, White pelican, Anemone, Horseshoe sea cucumber, Spotted grunter, Mullet, Spotted gully shark, Blue-spotted ray, Sand shrimp, Crumb-of-bread sponge, Silver kob, Barbel, Houndshark, Eagle, ray, Hawksbill turtle, Three-spot swimming crab, Red crab, Cape fur seal.
- In and between explore the historical town of Swakopmund shopping to support locals.
- Lodging – The Delight in Swakopmund https://store.gondwana-collection.com/accommodation/the-delight-swakopmund
Day Seven and Eight: Monday July 31st and Tuesday August 1, 2023 – KULALA DESERT LODGE – 2 nights
Surrounded by red dunes, desolate mountains, and gravel plains, Kulala Desert Lodge is set at the heart of the Namib Desert. The camp’s main buildings have been built in a North African style and constructed entirely from clay bricks with a wrap-around veranda overlooking a waterhole and the surrounding desert scenery.
Sossusvlei’s famous sand dunes inspire plenty of awe from ground but it is only when you soar high above them that you realize the scale of this ocean of sand that makes up the world’s oldest desert, known as the Namib. Experience the sight of the sun spilling over great ranks of dunes, turning them golden red. The balloon ride is perfect for magical photographs, and then you land to find breakfast waiting for you, complete with sparkling wine and orange juice and finished off with your personal flight certificate.
- Namib Desert BALLOON SAFARI with a desert Mimoso Breakfast
- The Tsauchab River Trail Guided Nature Hike
- Guided electric-powered fat-wheeled bike tour Excursions to Sossusvlei and Sesriem. This guided excursion to the famous Sossusvlei sand dunes located nearby will give you a unique desert experience on fat tired bikes
- Guided nature walks, game drives, and quad bike trails around the lodge’s private reserve are also offered.
- Cool off in the afternoons in the plunge pool or watch animals such as oryx, bat-eared fox, aardwolf, ostrich, and jackal drink from the waterhole in front of the main building. One morning you could choose to go on a hot-air balloon safari where you will be served a champagne breakfast upon landing
- Lodging – KULALA DESERT LODGE –
Day Nine: Wednesday August 2, 2023 – AM Weinberg Boutique Hotel – 1 night
- Windhoek City Tour offers insight into the fascinating history of Namibia, its present-day culture and its multi-ethnic people. The tour begins at Lover’s Hill where you can enjoy panoramic views over Windhoek as your guide takes you through a brief history of the country, from the colonial era to today. It is then on to explore Namibia’s charming capital, stopping at important landmarks such as the Christ Church, Ink Palace, Parliament Garden and the Old Fort.The 3-hour tour continues to Katutura Township for a visit at the Penduka Women’s Centre and a browse through the colourful marketplace. Last on the itinerary is a drive to State House – the administrative seat of government and the official residence of the president.
- Farewell group dinner
Day Ten: Thursday August 3, 2023 – Departure Day
- Road transfer for 14 travelers from AM Weinberg Boutique Hotel to Windhoek Hosea Kutako International Airport
- Board a hopper flight to Johannesburg to Atlanta
Day Eleven: Friday, August 4, 2023 – Overnight flight to Arrival in Atlanta
- Arrival in Atlanta at 9:05AM – HOME
- Schedule your flights out of Atlanta after noon or later due to getting through customs.
- Call us if you need help booking for flights or staying an additional night in Atlanta.
Single OccupancyPrice is Per Person
- Your own room – private bathroom
- Deposit: $250 ($500 for International) due at time of booking
- Payment Plan Available
Double OccupancyPrice is Per Person
- No Roommate – No problem, we will pair you
- Deposit: $250 ($500 for International) due at time of booking
- Payment Plan Available
Flexible pay-as-you-go payment plan
How it Works:
|Step 1||Choose Payment Plan (available with credit card and ACH payment options)|
|Step 2||Your $250 Deposit ($500 for International) will be processed within 2 business days|
|Step 3||When you are ready to make a payment, click the “Review and Pay” button on your invoice|
|Step 4||Once clicked, in the top left of the invoice, next to the amount, you will see “Edit Amount.” Here you will be able to enter the amount you would like to pay|
|Step 5||Full amount needs to be paid by 60 days prior to the trip. *If there is a remaining balance at 60 days prior to the trip then an automatic payment for the remaining amount will be charged. (Balance due 90 days prior for International trips)|
Activity Level – Highest
There will be walking, trail hiking, bike riding, getting in and out of jeep on game drives.
It is your responsibly to fully read and understand the physical abilities that correlate to this Beatrice Bradley Experience. Difficulty level of activity is subject to individual interpretation, so it is extremely important that you read the itinerary and reach out if you have concerns or questions.
If you have questions about the specifics of the physical activity during this trip, please give us a call at 763-784-8291
Role of a Beatrice bradley hostess
Beatrice Bradley is an Experience Company not a Tour Company. The role of a Beatrice Bradley Host is to be warm and welcoming. To relate and connect. To have attention to details. And to manage the behind-the-scenes magic so your experience is one-of-a-kind. They are not local experts nor are they tour guides. We hire local experts, guides, and historians as each location warrants. They are expert hosts and manage the camaraderie and logistics of the experience. Our goal is that your hostess will make you feel welcomed, comfortable, and that you will walk away with new & lasting friendships made during an unforgettable experience.
As a solo-traveler, we need you to provide self-awareness and an understanding that you are fully responsible for yourself. This includes: your possessions, your physical abilities or fitness, your attitude, and all other aspects that relate to traveling solo in a group.
- Connect with our Members on our Private Facebook Group – Beatrice Bradley Member’s Only
- You must be able to manage your own luggage and all of your personal belongings on this trip
- This is not a handicap accessible able trip – you must be able to get in and out of a Large Passenger Transit Vehicle
- All Ground transportation is included on this trip
- Group Airport transfers are included in this trip.
- This trip will have a maximum of 12 women
- This trip will have 2 Beatrice Bradley Hostesses
- If you need a roommate, we will happily pair you with another Beatrice Bradley traveler
- Travel insurance is not included. Beatrice Bradley is not a licensed travel insurance operator nor is our staff trained to in travel insurance. You can choose to purchase travel insurance through any licensed provider you choose.